Cadillac Owners Forum banner

'Tis about that time again.... FLORIDA SUMMER 2011

19K views 155 replies 18 participants last post by  The-Dullahan 
#1 ·
So last year was a blast. :) Does anyone want to do it again?

I know I do. :) If so: where? West Palm again? Some place else? This is all in serious conceptual stages as of now, so fire some ideas out there.:stirpot:

#32 ·
Now I am a simple man, but not perhaps too easy to forget, for I am somewhat conspicuous by Florida standards...I must wonder if the gentleman from the junkyard remembers me...such a jolly chap, he was.

Oh, so much fun could be had with that...

YEAH, I have not been on the Forums much lately, due to explosions.

#40 ·
I REALLY like the idea of us all visiting the biggest and best Cadillac Dealership we can find. That sounds freaking awesome. The junkyard trip was a good time last year too. We even think we found Jimmy Hoffa. I'll be more than happy to make the drive again this year if this meet is even HALF as fun as last year.

Except for the fire ants. Ouch.

#45 ·
Had a close call with the scheduler yesterday. She got everything completely f-ed up and nearly lost me this week off. Fortunately, I was able to talk her down, mostly by reminding her I'd already changed my vacation schedule once and really wasn't prepared to keep changing vacation plans.

So, Cadillac dealership sounds like a winning proposition. Maybe think about a beach run, it being Florida and all. Car show most definitely. J-yard was fun, if you boys can behave yourselves! Also, it's only about 2.5 hours from West Palm to Key Largo. Could be a fun day trip.

#48 · (Edited)
I'll bring the booze and stereo!

Hey, I TRIED buying something from the junkyard. I also tried buying one from Mudant...whatever happened to him?

Matt, you HAVE to bring the Cadillac...if you DON'T, my car will be lonely and not fit in again, because it doesn't even come close to MATCHING anything (Except that DONK at the carshow, which still gives me nightmares). This will result in Hellish Bitch Goddess action.

Actually, it matches Sal's car (Ironically, I saw a duplicate of Sal's car the last day of the meet before I got trapped with Josiah on the interstate, down to the colour (but beat the **** up) and Josiah and I saw a red Brougham on the interstate when he stopped to try to buy Josiah's "Old Broken Car" AND I also saw a Lincoln limo that kind of matched my car at one of the cemeteries I found...but still, Matt...

#50 ·
Check the pinned thread. There's a lot of photos and things. :)

Basically, last year was awesome.

On Friday we all met at the hotel and got acquainted, then everyone piled into my wagon and we went to Lion Country Safari. It wasn't quite as cool as expected, but we got some cool photos and had a lot of fun driving around. Then we met up with another member for lunch and headed back to the hotel. We found out about a huge car show that was going on that Friday in Fort Lauderdale, so those of us who were adventurous enough to make the trip piled into Craig (77CDV's) rental DTS and went. Hundreds of awesome vehicles were on display. Unfortunately, Matt (from Michigan) had his first run in with fire-ants that day, so we had to make an emergency stop and get him some sandals, but in the end everything worked out well.

Saturday was a bit of on-the-fly shenanigans. I was meeting someone from the wagon forum at the junkyard that day, but it turns out everyone wanted to go. We had a lot of fun seeing everything there, and I even got some useful items (including a new grille, woohoo!). After that we stopped at this really cool museum called Ragtops that was a Cadillac/LaSalle dealership many moons ago, and the owner showed us a few cars from his own collection next door. That was a fun trip and we saw quite a few automotive oddities. Afterward, we went to dinner at a nice (but noisy) restaurant called the Waterway Cafe. The food was excellent, and there are even plenty of stories to tell from that fiasco as well. (Chamus, I'm looking at you.)

Sunday was the day most people headed home. Matt was still at my house, and someone else had some car trouble so we went and rescued him. All in all it was a fun weekend, and definitely the highlight of my summer - which I anticipate it will be again this year. :thumbsup:

Also at the end, at my house we did a little bit of car swapping. I got a brief drive and a few pleasant rides in The-Dullahan's hearse. I love that car.

#57 ·
Since I missed Chicago, count me as tentative for this. The only bummer is Palm is WAAY too far to drive this beached whale during what will surely be the height of fuel prices. It's more likely I'd fly to Atlanta, have Austin pick me up and then drive down together, just to get some road-tripping in.

#60 ·
Also Ray, I do not know why the finger points to me. I was SO well behaved at dinner it was hardly believable.
I just LOOKED mischievous, due to Craig's awesome button-up shirt making us all look under-dressed-as-all-get-up.

Also, New Guys.

Photos Galore!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/southeast/194893-awesome-roo-matt-themed-florida-meet-27.html

The photos kick in in the 20-something pages. Shortly thereafter there was an obvious topic change to the eminent threat of Zombies, because what thread is complete without Zombies.

Hey, did I mention the Zombies?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.