Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Awesome Roo and Matt themed Florida Meet

97K views 415 replies 25 participants last post by  Cardiaccadillac 
#1 ·
Okay, so we're looking at doing a big meet in FL. I mean, sure, a get together is nice and all that, but we want to do some good stuff too. :)

I'm thinking sometime in July is good (summer and such). We can do a fun cruise on the beach, get some food at an outdoor type place and maybe find a car show or something else to hit.

So... questions:

1. Where in FL? I was thinking the Broward/Palm Beach area, or a bit North.
2. What's there to do in July? Anybody know of any events?
3. Anyone interested in going to PBIR for an afternoon, if its open (actually, do they even do track days anymore)?
4. Other suggestions?

Send 'em here. :)

#174 ·
I'm 30 miles north of WPB in Hobe Sound. It got chosen for a few reasons actually... lol

1. The epic museum that used to be a LaSalle dealership. I thought it was fitting.
2. There's a major airport in WPB.
3. Sal lives there, so he practically HAS to show. :D
4. Hobe Sound, Florida has NOTHING. The entire city is contained on US1. That's it. The rest is neighborhoods. We have no movie theater, no car dealerships, nothing. It sucks.

There's method to my madness. lol

#175 ·
Point taken. In any case, it would behoove someone reasonably local to pay a visit to the Palm County government center, specifically the Parks and Rec department, and ask about restrictions/permit requirements for beach BBQs. It may also give you a better idea of what's actually available in the area. Also, be sure which jurisdiction the intended beach falls under (state/county/city). Each jurisdiction may have different rules.

#180 ·
^So, what did they say? Or do we all have to sit here ensconced in mystery? :)
"Ensconced"? Am I rubbing off on you, Matt? :lol:

BBQ is still a possibility, Roo. Just tell your folks that a whole bunch of strangers from all across the country will be dropping in for dinner! :lol: Or, Friday could be the night we take in the sights and sounds of downtown Palm Beach. It's supposed to be a pretty happening place.

#182 ·
No no no Craig. Remember? We're all crashing Sal's place. :lol:

We could roam Palm Beach... but this is where we would need a local. I know nothing of the area. We have Sal, the guy who's name is presently escaping me who posted on the thread in the lounge, and a friend of mine from the wagon forum who live in WPB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.