Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Awesome Roo and Matt themed Florida Meet

97K views 415 replies 25 participants last post by  Cardiaccadillac 
#1 ·
Okay, so we're looking at doing a big meet in FL. I mean, sure, a get together is nice and all that, but we want to do some good stuff too. :)

I'm thinking sometime in July is good (summer and such). We can do a fun cruise on the beach, get some food at an outdoor type place and maybe find a car show or something else to hit.

So... questions:

1. Where in FL? I was thinking the Broward/Palm Beach area, or a bit North.
2. What's there to do in July? Anybody know of any events?
3. Anyone interested in going to PBIR for an afternoon, if its open (actually, do they even do track days anymore)?
4. Other suggestions?

Send 'em here. :)

#148 ·
Hey, y'all be talkin 'bout me! lol

July might be doable, I'll just have to get some figures together on the cost of the trip. Timing isn't an issue though, so who knows. Don't get me wrong, this sounds awesome! The only fence I'm on is the one overlooking the poor house, lol.

-Ben

#149 ·
Me too man, me too. lol

Okay so for you out-of-towner guys...

Anyone have anything on lodging yet? Brizzal do you know of any cheap, decent hotels in the area? I can scope the travel sites, but I figure anybody can do that. Just so everyone can maybe bunk in the same place (and we can all crash the hotel later :thumbsup:),

#151 ·
Me too man, me too. lol

Okay so for you out-of-towner guys...

Anyone have anything on lodging yet? Brizzal do you know of any cheap, decent hotels in the area? I can scope the travel sites, but I figure anybody can do that. Just so everyone can maybe bunk in the same place (and we can all crash the hotel later :thumbsup:),
See, it's best if someone local suggest places, because left to my own devices, I tend to go for the moderately-priced motel (Best Western and such). I figure, most of the time you're in the room, you're eyes are closed. As long as it's clean and quiet, the rest isn't so important to me.

#153 ·
... and tents and camping gear.

#162 ·
Key West is pretty far from where most of us are. Almost 600 miles round trip for me, and about 500 for everybody else.

We could spend a day at West Palm's beach, though. I'd be glad to toss a cooler in the back of the wagon in the footwell of the nausea seat. Could be fun. :)

#163 ·
I keep forgetting about your beaches, probably because I've always lived about 7 miles from the Pacific all my life and just sort of take it for granted that it's there. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever been to any of the Atlantic Ocean beaches. Be interesting to see if they're any different from the beaches we have out here.

#164 ·
The only beach I really know is Deerfield, but that's 40 miles south, and not worth the trip. LOL Maybe Sal or Brizzal know a bit more about West Palm Beach?

I'd be up for a night beach trip. Maybe do a grilling thing Friday night? Right on the beach. :)

#170 ·
Matt and I talked earlier this afternoon and figured like this:

Friday: Lion Country Safari in the mid-morning or early afternoon.
Friday Afternoon/Night: Beach BBQ. I'm hoping WPB has those grills you can use on the beach, then everyone chip in a bit for some food or whatever. Can't be too much for some hamburgers and hotdogs, or even some chicken. Grilled food is cheap and easy to cook for people. :) Maybe hang in one of the hotels, or at somebody's house who's local after.

Saturday: Car museum in the afternoon
Saturday Night: From the museum, convoy to the Mai Kai for dinner.

Sunday: For those who are interested in staying (like Matt) or those who are local, we can figure something out. Dave and Busters from the Lounge thread would be kick ass, it's a giant arcade and restaurant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.