Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Awesome Roo and Matt themed Florida Meet

97K views 415 replies 25 participants last post by  Cardiaccadillac 
#1 ·
Okay, so we're looking at doing a big meet in FL. I mean, sure, a get together is nice and all that, but we want to do some good stuff too. :)

I'm thinking sometime in July is good (summer and such). We can do a fun cruise on the beach, get some food at an outdoor type place and maybe find a car show or something else to hit.

So... questions:

1. Where in FL? I was thinking the Broward/Palm Beach area, or a bit North.
2. What's there to do in July? Anybody know of any events?
3. Anyone interested in going to PBIR for an afternoon, if its open (actually, do they even do track days anymore)?
4. Other suggestions?

Send 'em here. :)

#88 ·
I'm only just finding out about this NOW?

Also, there are HUGE hills in Clermont. I wish it snowed here, those hills would be BEAUTIFUL. There are even some leading towards Lake Minneola that are nearly perfect 45's.

(Be ready for another post to rapidly follow, because I am going to be jumped to the last page and I've only read the first)

#4 · (Edited)
YES!!! The ball is rolling now! Been looking around the internet for things to do in Palm Beach in July. Here is what I have found.

The Palm Beach International Raceway has 1/4 Mile Test & Tunes every Wednesday and Friday. That sounds like it would be a BLAST. Especially for those of us who would like to find out how fast our cars can go...

There a about a million beaches around that area, so a beach trip is a must. I think it would be cool. Swimming, fishing, cookout, all that kind of cool stuff.

It is ONLY about 2 hours and 45 minutes from the Palm Beach area to Orlando. We could possibly do a day trip to Universal Studios.

We are definitely open to suggestions. These are just some ideas. Please let us know what you guys want to do and when you are open in July!

#6 ·
Eh, I'm not too fond of the main theme parks. Too crowded, and everyone gets separated and such.

I'd be down for a Friday test and tune at PBIR. That'd be pretty interesting to see, and might even get some V-guys to attend (I loooove those cars :))

Beach trip, most definitely. I would suggest Sunday for that; Saturday beaches are crowded and annoying with children. Bleh.

So we need a good activity for Friday afternoon, and all of Saturday. I'll scope around and see what we've got open.

#7 ·
Sting sent word that an event is in the works! Make it a goodie! :)

I have a condensed summer school program through July 22 so I'm trapped in the books until then.

How about cocktails and dinner at someplace memorable and over the top?! The Mai Kai in Ft. Lauderdale comes to mind as a possibility for someplace we'll never forget. It's an original 1950's Tiki mecca where Cadillacs no doubt have graced the parking lot in great numbers for decades! Imagine if the place would consider sponsoring a special Cadillac Night Luau in the parking lot prior to our cocktail party and dinner? They could have a blurb on their sign inviting all Cadillac owners for a special Cadillac cocktail which could be created especially for us and perhaps we could include the Cadillac LaSalle Club for some extra flavor and fun cars to oogle at in addition to all the locals who toddle their way in with their own Cadillacs? Ahhhhh the possibilities!

Craig, you're right, Florida is tropical after springtime starts so get ready! There are beaches and swimming pools plus the oceans are as refreshing and warm as bath water.

Good luck!

Dave

#11 ·
Okay, so here's the (semi) official day plan:

Friday: PBIR trip, watch some cars, run some cars, etc. What the heck, it'll be cool! (Jayoldschool: your SS is calling :thumbsup:)
Saturday: TBD (Maybe some golf? I'll play terribly, but there's always the golf carts) SUGGESTIONS GO HERE
Sunday: Sunset beach/strip cruise and evening at the Mai Kai for dinner.
Monday: Farewells, etc. etc.

#16 ·
Well, there is one of the nations biggest GM Muscle Car museums in a place called Punta Gorda Florida. The only downside is that it is almost a 3 hour drive from the Palm Beach area. They are open from 9am-5pm Tuesday-Sunday. This is the place, if anyone is interested: http://www.musclecarcity.net/

If that is too much of a drive, I do like Roo's idea of golf. I've never actually been on a legit golf course before, but I think it would be a blast with all of us Forum guys in attendance. :)

#17 ·
Yeah, I've never tried golf either (mini golf excluded), but it IS the quintessential Floridian sport of choice, so I figured what the heck. :)

I'll check out if there are any other museums tonight or tomorrow. I'm currently at my grandparent's house.

#18 ·
Be sure to go to a driving range and hit some, and then maybe play a round or two to make sure you still feel that way at the time of the meet. Golf can be the suck, if well, you suck. There would be better ways to spend the day...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.