Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Awesome Roo and Matt themed Florida Meet

97K views 415 replies 25 participants last post by  Cardiaccadillac 
#1 ·
Okay, so we're looking at doing a big meet in FL. I mean, sure, a get together is nice and all that, but we want to do some good stuff too. :)

I'm thinking sometime in July is good (summer and such). We can do a fun cruise on the beach, get some food at an outdoor type place and maybe find a car show or something else to hit.

So... questions:

1. Where in FL? I was thinking the Broward/Palm Beach area, or a bit North.
2. What's there to do in July? Anybody know of any events?
3. Anyone interested in going to PBIR for an afternoon, if its open (actually, do they even do track days anymore)?
4. Other suggestions?

Send 'em here. :)

#310 ·
No way in hell am I driving all the way to Hobe Sound. Just ride your sister down here or something.

Also, Karli has been reading everything I've been writing when I wasn't looking. I have a feeling she is going to make me regret everything I've said thus far in the most embarrassing way possible whence the meet-up actually occurs.

#313 ·
Well Sting, I've got room for one in the back, you can lie down and enjoy the company of Lenore.

My Significant other is coming too. She has a square, fat ass and a big sparkly grill and she's not even from HAINES CITY! (Locals-Only Joke?)

In all sincerity, bringing somebody else with me would mean I'd have to rent a room someplace and ditch my plans of hanging out in the back of my car. Sleep is over rated, it's only three days and I'm pretty sure one of you will come let me out in the morning, even if I DO sleep...Right?...RIGHT?

Sting, as an orchestrator of this event, you deserve to be given a ride, so if it comes down to it, I am sure one of us will get you. If nobody else volunteers and you can't even make it to West Palm, I will personally come and terrorize your neighbourhood...I mean pick you up. Hope you like Celtic Metal.

If Karli is still upset about being the only girl going, tell her I kind of count, I wear a skirt after all.

#317 ·
I am (My Significant other is a Cadillac, if anyone got that joke)

I am The Pagan Man, I speak for all my kind
When I criticize your point of view, your hollow state of mind
You say that I'm an animal, well this at least, is true
I'm a thinking, breathing human being...What the Hell are you?

#319 ·
While their newer singer is actually good, it's one of those things where you become so accustomed to the original that it just never sounds the same. Albeit the band is not GONE to me, as I have always enjoyed their music for the lyrics and the melody, so swapping singers isn't going to make me get all EMO like Nightwish fans.

#321 ·
Agreed. What about Cruachan now thaty've lost Female Locals aside from future "guest" appearances.

At least Eluveitie still has strong female vocals, whether or not people feel they have much else that is notably superior.

Then again, I listen to blues, rock (The good kind from the 70's) and basically everything but hip-hop, gospel and country.

#322 ·
It all depends on what the rental agency gives me, though I opted for the luxury level in hopes of snagging a Caddy. Which means I'll probably end up with a TC. :nono: So, I can fetch Roo as long as I can figure out where Hobe Sound is. Of course, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for wagon awesomeness.

Also, interesting how the tags for this thread are "Awesome Roo" in large red letters and "Matt Themed Florida" in smaller blue letters. I'm looking forward to seeing what Florida looks like when Matt is the theme. Blue and gold? :lol:

#329 ·
Awesome. I was kind of hoping I could find a Room Mate, as all the nearby hotels seem to be two-beds.

Honestly, that rate is WAY cheaper than the ones I could find through Google Earth (Which I hate overall, but it makes a good visual reference) and if you don't mind putting up with me. I can personally guarantee the safety of your soul.

#336 ·
Awesome. I was kind of hoping I could find a Room Mate, as all the nearby hotels seem to be two-beds.

Honestly, that rate is WAY cheaper than the ones I could find through Google Earth (Which I hate overall, but it makes a good visual reference) and if you don't mind putting up with me. I can personally guarantee the safety of your soul.
Sounds like a plan. I'll PM you with my info.

#331 ·
Yeah, I was with my baby sister, setting up her Internetting and tested it, found this thread and figured I'd text you. I told her you'd probably know it was me as who else would be awake at such an ungodly hour and the fact that I am one of the few who calls you "Sting" and not "Roo"

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I purchased a Camera! Theoretically, it will be delivered before the event and I will be able to take photographs.

#333 ·
Yeah, rather than fiddle with technology and pretend I knew what Megapixels are, I just found a clone of the camera I usually steal (In a better colour) and bought it. For the $40 it was worth it. Also, I plan to reinstall a few of my fun electronic devices by then, though probably no subs yet, as I need to build a nice looking bod for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.