Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Awesome Roo and Matt themed Florida Meet

97K views 415 replies 25 participants last post by  Cardiaccadillac 
#1 ·
Okay, so we're looking at doing a big meet in FL. I mean, sure, a get together is nice and all that, but we want to do some good stuff too. :)

I'm thinking sometime in July is good (summer and such). We can do a fun cruise on the beach, get some food at an outdoor type place and maybe find a car show or something else to hit.

So... questions:

1. Where in FL? I was thinking the Broward/Palm Beach area, or a bit North.
2. What's there to do in July? Anybody know of any events?
3. Anyone interested in going to PBIR for an afternoon, if its open (actually, do they even do track days anymore)?
4. Other suggestions?

Send 'em here. :)

#270 ·
Karli does not have a forum name, silly. There are no women on the internet.

Also, I am vehemently opposed to all things beach. Unless you want to entertain the possibility of me murdering someone, we should stay away from the half-naked Floridians whom flock to the beaches.

#271 ·
I'm sure we would get plenty of stares calling each other by screen names.

And Roo, you're right. Where is Craig?!?

Lupin, we don't really need a body to clean up, but we will have several vehicles with large trunks showing up. So, if the "beach rage" gets the better of you, at least we have a place to stash the body.

#292 ·
Is that why you have train horns like mine - to keep the animals awake at night?

#294 ·
The animals getting on the cars is actually not at all uncommon there. You really do get "danger close." That said, the animals DAMAGING the cars by walking over them/sitting on them is just as common. Another time we went there a guy a few cars in front of us actually had some huge cat sprawl out on his hood. We had to sit there for like 20 minutes while the handlers came out and tried to coax it off.

#297 ·
Okay, guess what? I found my way back.

Here's what I've learned:

I should steal or borrow somebody's camera before the trip starts, as I certainly need one.

We're NOT doing the Beach (As a native Inlander, I do not see what fascinates tourists about beaches so much)

Something about hauling bodies. I have experience.

We're meeting at the Safari, not the mall...which apparently is one of those drive-through Zoos, meaning my Hearse gets to take on wildlife head-to-head. I wonder how many Hearses have come through there?

We're supposed to use actual names. Does that make me a Chamus or a Robert or just "Oi, Prick!"?

I should probably ask you to send me your phone number, Sting (Roo, Ray and whatnot) because I will undoubtedly get lost/forget where we were meeting that day/need to meet up at some point.

I am regarded as Enigmatic

And lastly, all you folk are going and you're such great people, so I have to try not to be Anti-Social, as I normally am, as that probably isn't the best course of action.

Oh...and I miss my train horns.

#298 ·
Train horns are SICK. lol

But yeah. That sounds about right. I'm going to call today most likely and hammer out the dinner plans. Still no idea how many people to reserve for (ahem cough cough). I'll probably just say 20-25. I can't believe the meet is going to be this huge. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.