Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Beware... Hurricane Fay and the Hebert Box...

9K views 40 replies 8 participants last post by  Brizzal 
#1 ·

Beware of storms rolling through the Hebert Box. At least 9 times out of 10, when a tropical storm passes through a Hebert Box (there are two), South Florida gets hit... Invest 92 is passing right through the middle of a Hebert Box as we speak...

"If Floridians want an indication of a possible hit they need to keep an eye on any hurricane that passes through these boxes. Nearly every major Hurricane that hit S Florida since 1900 passed through these boxes. When major Hurricanes miss these boxes,they virtually always miss South Florida. If a major Hurricane moves into these boxes South Florida really needs to watch out. These boxes approx 335 miles x 335 miles includes the Virgin Islands but not Puerto Rico. The pattern has proven accurate for 9 out of 10 storms storms that developed & hit Dade,Broward & Palm Bch Counties."

edit: I updated the name to Hurricane Fay because this storm is gaining strength EXTREMELY fast..

See less See more
#36 ·
I moved into Wellington, my wife didn't like the house, so we moved back to West Palm Beach into my 1x1 condo.

I freakin' loved the house...
http://picasaweb.google.com/claziano/MyHomeInWellington

Yes, Wellington had a LOT of damage.. People are out of their homes.. Anyone who thought this storm was nothing should see what they have to say about it... 100,000 people in Palm Beach County alone lost power. It wasn't a very strong storm but it did do some damage...

#35 ·
The weather guys here in Tampa were saying that sometimes these tropical storms are very slow movers and can do major damage with the copious amount of rain they can drop.

Meanwhile, here on the west coast in the Tampa Bay area, all we got was a little bit of rain and wind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.