Relocating to the Charlotte Area. I need some input
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Southeast Discussion, Relocating to the Charlotte Area. I need some input in Cadillac Clubs, Local Chapters and Regional Forums; Hey guy's I am moving down to the Charlotte area. I am a Cadillac Tech so I am looking for ...
    AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Relocating to the Charlotte Area. I need some input

Hey guy's I am moving down to the Charlotte area. I am a Cadillac Tech so I am looking for a busy Cadillac dealership. I was at a Chevy dealer before the Caddy dealer, so a Chevy Caddy dealer would be ok. I am looking at Huntersville or the north side, but my wife works down town. I have been told coming in to Charlotte in the AM is a long drive. Jodie's boss live 30 minute south of Charlotte and Jodie would like to be close. I am looking for a house with a shop or a large detached garage. This eliminates subdivisions. Any ideas? The reason I am looking to the north side is I know some Nascar people. The Biff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Faded Crest is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '00 SDV, '94 & '99 Eldo, '03 DHS, '66 SDV

Re: Relocating to the Charlotte Area. I need some input

I live in the Charlotte area, and Arnold Palmer Cadillac has 2 locations in town. One on the East side, and one on the South side. AM commute would be an absolute nightmare from the North side! Charlotte beaurocrats, in their urban planning, have refused to upgrade roads and put money where it's needed and commuters have been the victims.

I don't want to go on a rant, but If you don't want to pay exorbidant taxes, good schools mean anything, and don't want to be hassled over your cars/shop, I suggest living OUTSIDE the Charlotte city limits.

Huntersville is nice, but like I said, the commute into Charlotte would be murder. You might look at the Monroe area. The commute wouldn't be as bad, and there is a Cadillac dealership there, too. I would think finding a place with a shop would be pretty easy in that area. You might also look at Concord if you are into racing. Of course, that's where the speedway is, but the a.m. commute still might be rough.

I'd be happy to help you however I can. I live in Matthews, which borders Charlotte to the east.

Marc

Hey, I almost forgot about Ben Mynatt Chevrolet/Cadillac in Concord.

So when are you going to be moving down?

Jodie will be down by the 15th. I have to work on my house and get it ready for sale. We looked at Mint Hill, Monroe, Mattews, but I would hate to drive an hour to head up to see a friend. I do a lot of mods and The Biff has a shop, so an hour run to get parts? hmm.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

hope you like NC as much as I do... I moved from NH but I'm out here on the coast where the breeze keeps the humidity down in the summer (a bit)

good luck with the move and all

This area is very diversified. Charlotte proper is VERY white collar/banking investment firms, etc. But you can drive just 15 or 20 miles and be in the sticks. There are some wonderful people around here, and a lot of car people. But is is definitely Ford/Chevy country! Coming from WI, it will take a while to get used to the heat and humidity. I am from Maine, and I'm still not used to it.

Matthews/Mint Hill/Southeast Charlotte is a very desireable location, but to be honest, I think you have the right thinking... moving close to where your friends are. That's what I would do, regardless of the commute.

BTW, the reason the commute is so bad from the North is that a lot of bigwigs live at the Lake (Lake Norman/Cornelius/Mooresville), and they commute to Charlotte, clogging up I-77. And things are only going to get worse traffic-wise.

Hope we can meet sometime after you move here. I've enjoyed your threads on the Northstar.

Marc

Currently my property taxes are over $4000 a year

You'll be right at home here, then. LOL

Jodie is down in the Charlotte area. I was down a few weeks back.
    We looked at houses in North and South Carolina. I think we are going with South Carolina.

We are looking into two houses currently.
    One of them is in Fort Mills it has two garages
    The other and the one we really like is in the Clover area, but in York. It is closer to Clover, but has a York Zip Code and York schools. York will have a new High School in a couple of years.
    This house fits us well.

Can anyone do me a favor and install an IPC this week? I need to replace the IPC in my truck this week and it is in York

StuByrd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have a friend who works for the Arnold Palmer in Matthews. It's the better of the two they are more friendly.
    As far as Fort Mill for a dwelling. It's nice, not too far from all the the hot spots. Lake Norman stinks. TOO crowded for what you get. Not worth it. Fort Mill is growing fast, but since it's close to Ballantyne, Lake Wylie and the South Park area it rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by StuByrd View Post
    I have a friend who works for the Arnold Palmer in Matthews. It's the better of the two they are more friendly.
    As far as Fort Mill for a dwelling. It's nice, not too far from all the the hot spots. Lake Norman stinks. TOO crowded for what you get. Not worth it. Fort Mill is growing fast, but since it's close to Ballantyne, Lake Wylie and the South Park area it rocks...
    We got a house on York HWY just outside of the city limits of Rock Hill.

I have a job at the Arnold Palmer dealer closer to downtown, but it will be a long drive.
    Burns doesn't need a tech and GM would like me to stay at a stand alone Caddy dealer

Im guna try my new speach

Dang OL' man love that interneet Yup.
    Post that thread like Dang OL' interactive thing i'm. uh. Out with it. Check

How I be doin?

jdavis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 SRX4 V8 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by AJxtcman View Post
    Im guna try my new speach

Dang OL' man love that interneet Yup.
    Post that thread like Dang OL' interactive thing i'm. uh. Out with it. Check

How I be doin?
    You might be just a bit exaggerated on the drawl but, you heading in the right direction.
    I grew up in Monroe and had relatives in Rock Hill and Kershaw so I am familiar with the dialect as well as the area.
    I you want to practice your southern accent, pick up a couple of DVDs of the old Andy Griffith Show and listen carefully and repeat the phrases until you feel confident that you can "speak properly". Gomer Pyle would be an excellent example for you to pattern yourself after.
    All kidding aside, just be yourself. The Charlotte area has such a diverse population, you should fit in fine. Now, York may be a different matter. On second thought, you might want to pick up those DVDs after all.

The Boy aka Casey has been going attending school down in Rock Hill now for a week or so.
    Two thing to note
    #1 I guess he is a Chick magnet. Fresh meat? Maybe his accent?
    #2 he says they all talk the same, but you need to say yall after every sentence

He is his sisters brother, so the Chick Magnets is possible to understandable.
    If you haven't seen a picture of his sister yet. Well she is a model.

rekctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

So you work at the Arnold Palmer on South Blvd, that's is where I take my car for service. I gotta get in some, I haven't been since right before Lindsay's V day back in May.

I'm down in Lancaster County and I don't say yall after every sentence.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.