Cadillac Owners Forum banner
32K views 219 replies 28 participants last post by  AdvenJack 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
July 21 Tampa meet...

Updated by Boombotz.
It is going to be in the parking lot of the Shoppes on Amberly in Tampa Palms. The timing will be 5 or 6pm. For a reference point use Peobody Billards and Games. The address is 15333 Amberly Drive, Tampa, 33647.

#147 ·
I'll still race you with the Town Car if you'd like :)

Sorry to ruin it for the entire site.... they don't have to be the ones driving 6 hours in the pouring rain at 90* F with no AC/defrost..... the thought alone scares me..... heck I'd take the Isuzu before I did that.... AC cranks nice in that little truck.

#148 ·
I'd race you if i had my Dads MX6 LS,though that really wouldnt be a fair race(for you), but not in the Brougham. Im sure you remember my "Raced a Town Car" thread. That one oddly enough was the same color as yours. It raped me.

Im still mad.

And sad.

#152 ·
yes, it is still a week away... but its been raining alot.

I'll check the weather as it gets closer.... it would have to be no rain form the day I leave to the day I come back...

Still tho, the car needs work, and I haven't been doing anything to it, also right now I am not very inclined to do anything with it since I am probably not going to be taking it.

#155 ·
Jesda was supposed to drive down with me, but now that's not happening, due to time constraints.
Love lies bleeding in my hands. :(

It's not all bad though, we've still got next year's national meet, which I'm spearheading :D

And I've still got the Baconator! :chad: :highfive:

#156 ·
ahhh....

So I haven't drove the Caddy in about 2 weeks, and decided to take it to the movies tonight... then look for a place to eat afterword(failed....Georgia closes at midnight)

Anyway, I really missed driving the car.... kinda makes me want to drive it to FL....

I dunno if I did decide to drive it to FL I need to do 3 things:

1) fix AC.... first put all the new components in, then get it charged up

2) basic tune up with spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor, fuel filter maybe (I remember then being a pain on the Q-jet)

3) if I can't get the speedo fixed by then, then atleast wire the speed sensor to a switch so I can make the torque converter lock up. Still tho, I want the speedo to work cause then cruise control will work.

Still, I dunno... *IF* I did make it, the car woudln't be pretty as I haven't done anything to fix it up in a while, still missig the rear trim stuff (can't get it to stay on with the clips) it is still loud.... but it would be fun to drive.

#157 ·
I will definitely be there. BTW, does anybody around here have a contact at a dealership (or have access to a Tech 2) who could do a crank variance learn for me (for a few $)? With some luck, I'll be getting a reprogrammed PCM from AJxtcman (see the Northstar Tuning thread), and I'll need to have that done in order to use it. :highfive:

#158 ·
Hi guys,

We've been getting some pretty heavy late afternoon storms but I think I am hearing that will be changing to the reverse summer time pattern, meaning early storms.

That morning I'm taking my baby to Ed Morse to have the a/c checked/fixed, it's not really cooling as it should.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there.

#159 ·
ill be at the meet , but i cant get acess to the tech 2 for the meet ....but uh talk at me at the meet and we shall work something out ...

ill be there , the caddy is staying home ...I have a PGR ride that morning till 2 , a young solider lost his life in alabama on a motorcycle ...he will be laid to rest in plant city ....so depending on what shape im in afterwards i might buzz stirght tot he meet or go to moms house and get cleaned up a little ...

#160 ·
:( I was just in Alabama too.....

Thats the first time I ever heard you refer to your car as "the Caddy" and not Gladys..... sheesh man, what is happening to ya?!?

Too bad tho, I was hoping to see her there!

Well, its 2:30AM, I got off work 3 hours ago, time to go work on the Caddy, still not sure if I am gonna take it or not, gotta put the new A/C stuff in, then get it recharged sometime tomorrow, maybe ni FL, I dunno.... got cap, rotor, plugs and wires to throw on and I really want to wire up the torque converter switch to be operated by a button.

#161 ·
Man I'm mad I can't go, This meet sounds like it's gonna rock!

#163 ·
Well, looks like I may well be taking the Fleetwood Brougham....

its 7AM, I spent the last 5 hours working on it, got the new A/C compressor, accumulator and orifice tube up, then changed the cap, rotor, plugs and wires. She runs good..... still not pretty, still loud (not in a good way) and still broken.

I am gonna see what I can do to wire the speed sensor up to a switch so the torque converter will lock up... looks like I still don't have a speedo, and I need to get the A/C system evacuated and recharged, either here or in FL..... then load up my CD's, got an MP3 CD player again.... and hit the road :)

#164 ·
Now I dunno, and I want to take the Town Car.....

No cruise control stinks, I'll be putting nearly 1,000 miles on which ever car I drive this weekend. Then the other odds and ends, and the fact I would have to wait somewhere to get the A/C going.

I haven't had the time I needed to get the car where I wanted it to be for the meet.... I may just wait until the next meet when hopefully it'll be where I wanted.

I guess I'll see how I feel when I wake up in a few hours.

#170 ·
Hell yeah! The Sage Sled is going to be fully detailed and waxed tonight. Didnt do everything i wanted to do it, but still did a few things. Yesterday i put in some Sylvania Silverstar headlights and a new air filter. Im going to see if i can get the oil changed today. The trans had to wait(BILLS), but i think she'll be alright.

Cant wait to see everyone!

#171 ·
In Florida right now :)

I have the Town Car.... kinda wish I brought the Caddy, but coming down there was really nasty, really heavy rain and it was 90* outside, that woudln't have been good.... and no cruise control, that was kind of the tip off too.

ah well, it's all good..... except for the heater core going out in the Lincoln AGAIN.... gosh I just replaced that thing a few months ago when I got the car, the steering column needs to be dropped and the entire dashboard unbolted and slid back.... I guess thats what ya get for using a crappy aftermarket replacement (O'Riely, not Advance) instead of OEM.... I was in a jamb and it was my only car at the time :(

#172 ·
Welcome down to our fair state. The Lincoln will fit in very well with Caddy's. At least it is in the same class. I'm sorry about the rain, but it was a heavy rain here in Tampa. I'm hoping the same weather pattern continues through tomorrow.

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.