Cadillac Owners Forum banner
32K views 219 replies 28 participants last post by  AdvenJack 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
July 21 Tampa meet...

Updated by Boombotz.
It is going to be in the parking lot of the Shoppes on Amberly in Tampa Palms. The timing will be 5 or 6pm. For a reference point use Peobody Billards and Games. The address is 15333 Amberly Drive, Tampa, 33647.

#181 ·
I am at home myself. This thing is suppose to start at around 6pm. I am looking at the radar on Baynews 9 and the storm pretty much covers the entire bay area and is especially bad between 75 and 275 and north of I4. This is not good. The last time we had an official meet was in April and it rained. If anything, we will get together and talk and eat and drink.

#182 ·
well im still studying radar , dont count on me to be there , but ill try ...im gonna run from here to land o lakes slowly ....check radar at moms , and if clear run the rest of the way into the meet , but if im not there you all will know why ....

but if it continues to be like it is here in NPR right now itll be a great ride

G
#186 ·
Man, I just got back. Drove through the crappiest storm to get there and nobody was there!. The power at Peabody's was out, actually there was no power in the whole strip mall and everything was closed. Definately couldn't have asked for worst weather to do this. What happened to everyone?. I thought this was gonna be a big turnout.

#188 ·
Yeah, Aimee and I got there late, at 6:30 and didn't see anyone there, thought we missed everyone... I thought it was gonna start 5:30-6

Then within 10mins everyone started to show up....

Good thing cause if I got there any eariler, and didn't see anyone, we woulda probably left.

It was fun, I'll have to upload the video when I get home.

Mike, what made you want to bring the Harley to the meet so much instead of take Gladys?

#190 ·
Gladys is down with ignition trouble , really didnt want to run it all the way over till i can get time to see whats wrong ...I imagine is just the timing got upset , not sure if i tightend the hold down on the distributor after i scaled the timing back to run on 87 ...i dont drive it much anyway , 12 mpg vs 55 mpg .....prolly this saturday ill take it to work with me ....just havent had time lately at work to mess with it , lots of appointments lately ...

#191 ·
Destroyer,
Sorry that we didn't get there earlier, the storm really put me behind schedule. Wish you had called.

Night Wolf,
Rick, have you posted Tim's burnout video on YouTube yet? :thumbsup:

Jonas,
:worship: The Sage Green color must be worth 50 horsepower. Nice tire roast!

To all,
I had a great time at the meet, and we should have held it today, IT HASN'T RAINED AT ALL! :rant2: Stupid weather...

I say we make the next meet at the same location, the 1st saturday in November... at the same time, maybe a little earlier if the sun is setting early.

Pics will follow...

Edwin

#192 ·
Edwin, It was great seeing you again last night. You spoke too soon, we just had another downpoor here in Temple Terrace.

It was great seeing everyone again and making new friends as well.

This afternoon I had the pleasure of experiencing the Ed Morse Roadside Assistance. What happened was I took the car to the car wash on Fowler for the 24 hour rain check rewash and the car sat in the tunnel for about 15 minutes with the lights on while they were drying off a huge truck in the lane instead of driving it out. Well, what happened was during that time, the anti-theft device activated and nobody could start the car. Apparently, when the car sits like this with the lights on, it tends to drain the battery and everything goes to hell. I remember when the battery went dead in the Monte Carlo, the same thing happened. Anything, about 15-20 minutes after I spoke to on-star the tech showed up in his black Esclade and ran the car thought all the computer diagnotics to check. Then he put the jumper cables on the car started right up. I was very impressed with their roadside assistance. What a difference. Had AAA been called, who knows what would have happened. In the meantime the manager/owner (I'm not sure who he was) was trying to tell him what was wrong with car. The Cadillac tech has over 20 years experience with Caddy's. He was not happy with the car wash guy. Anyway, the car is now fine.

I just wanted you all to about my Ed Morse experience.

The November date sounds good. Hopefully we will not have any storms and we could get many more people to come. Let's get an official tread going on this.

Bob

G
#196 ·
Damnit, I should have stayed. Really wanted to meet everyone. Been on these forums since '03 so it would have been kinda cool. Bumped heads with Nightwolf and Jonas more than once but its all in good fun and in hindsight a lot of that was my fault. Anyway, even though I didn't stick around I'm glad you guys had a good time. :thumbsup:

#197 ·
Nice burnout Jonas! I never thought I'd see a 4.1 do anything remotely close to that!

#200 ·
Where are all the meet pics? Seeing as how Jesda was there, there should be thousands of pics! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.