Cadillac Owners Forum banner
32K views 219 replies 28 participants last post by  AdvenJack 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
July 21 Tampa meet...

Updated by Boombotz.
It is going to be in the parking lot of the Shoppes on Amberly in Tampa Palms. The timing will be 5 or 6pm. For a reference point use Peobody Billards and Games. The address is 15333 Amberly Drive, Tampa, 33647.

#106 ·
I think Jonas and Nightwolf should both install glasspacks on their cars so that everyone will know they're accelerating hard. Sure, they may not be going fast, but atleast it'll sound like they are! :cool2:

#110 ·
So no girl at the moment? :(

But, no matter how many wheels are on your vehicle, you better be there to witness the slowest race to take place on the board....

... I did race the golf cart at work with the other golf cart, but I was towing a ladder and they had a crate of parts on the rack on theirs.... maybe that was the slowest rave I've participated in.... close call.

Slowly and slowly tho, that race between my Isuzu an the 4cyl Ranger form 0-85mph seems to be more and more impressive..... Atleast the Ranger spun the tires off the line (I didn't pop the clutch) but I did get a nice squeel shifting into 2nd....

#111 ·
I think you guys need to do a burnout contest too...maybe douse the rear tires of both cars in some bleach and have at it, and you've gotta do it in a residential area too, even better if there are small and/or handicapped children in the area.

#117 ·
Nah, only thing worse than V owners are VTEC owners. Those dipshits think VVT is like cold fusion. Every now and then i will hear one talking about VTEC and when it "comes on" and all that BS. Lol.

Youve got to admit V owners are some cocky mo-fo's. As much i love Cadillac, it still puts a smile of my face when they get their asses handed to them.

No offense.

I actually had a dream i had a V last night, but i was in the back seat, and it had footrests. Weird.

#121 ·
Man, this meet is fast approaching, and I haven't been able to do a thing to the Caddy with my friend from Hawaii spending some time here.

I am gonna be able to throw in some new plugs, wires, cap and rotor... but thats gonna be about it... no more pretty stuff or anything... Still like to get the speedo fixed.

#122 ·
Mine is going into the shop this week. A list of things im doing/may do before the meet:

Deffinately doing:

Oil change
Air filter
Trans fluid and filter change
TCC Solenoid if it needs it,which it probably will
Fuel filter
Install a tach.
Detail engine
Wax the crap of it

Probably/possibly doing:

Remove the cat.
Alignment
Replace rear diff. fluid
Replace spedometer cable(its accurate but noisier than a sweat shop)

I'll be ready. :stirpot: :bouncy:

#123 ·
Nightwolf,

If you need to have your car washed for the meeting, there is a nice car wash on Bruce B. Downs Blvd. just northwest of I75. They do a pretty good job and they service a lot of high end cars. There is also a do it yourself carwash just south of the where the meet is to be held on Bruce B. Downs Blvd.

#125 ·
I'm pretty familer with the area.... I am not too concerned about taking it to a place that does high end cars... this car is kinda in rough shape.... I'll just bring it to one of the local coin-op places and blast the bugs off.

I'll do a couple basic things to it, but other then that, I haven't had time for anything else....

#126 ·
Talked to my dad today about this. He's interested in it, didn't say no!

#127 ·
I can't edit that post for whatever reason, so I'll just add it in here.

His only concernt is whether my car can make that 3000 mile drive w/o a problem. She runs fine, but you never know when something small (hose, etc etc) will break. That kinda worries me too. I believe it's in pretty good shape, but a good once over won't hurt. After seeing Gary drive his 230k mile '91 deVille 3000 miles I know these older, high mileage deVilles can do it.

#133 ·
I asked my boss today if I could get the 21st off, he said it would probably be alright! I'm one step closer now! All that's left is the definitive yes from my parents, but that shouldn't be that hard to get.

Then comes the washing/waxing/vacuuming and other pre trip checks.

#135 ·
Won't be able to make it down.

Sorry guys. :(

I realized today that if I left from Tampa at 7 AM Sunday (which is a LOT earlier than I'd like to leave), I wouldn't get back to the Twin Cities until 5 AM Monday and that's with no sleep breaks, then I've gotta be at work at 11 on Mondays now. So that means after driving 20 hours, I'd get 4 hours of sleep then work 10 hours. Not gonna happen. And I don't wanna rush down and back to Florida...I'd much rather take 2-3 days each way down and back, to see all sites and get the necessary amount of time to sleep and eat, instead of having basically no time to do anything but drive. Then I can't do that because I only get 5 days of vacation time each year, and I've already used 3 for the National Meet two months ago.

And then who knows what could happen with my car on the trip. Maybe something would happen in the south somewhere and I'd then have to take it to a dealer for the repairs...who knows how long that'll take. Plus, she's got 137k on it now, that's lot of miles on a car that's supposed to go to Florida, and I don't exactly have the money/time to have all the issues addressed before hand.

Sorry folks. But I'll defintely be going to the national meet next year. Maybe by then I'll have another car with less miles???

#136 ·
I have about a 1/5 of shit-brand Fleischmans Gin in me. Ive been druniking Gin and Tonics since 8:30. Its 1:23am now. I have to be at work at 8am, and the drive to Orange City and drop off a shit ton of duct flex. **** that ***** shit. "ehhh ,i havbe work, my car has alot of miles." Bullshit.

My car has a tick over 75k, but she is beat to hell and back and i drive her like i stole her. 22 years old too. I'd trust her to drive to Alaska to meet Koz and talk about retarded Alaska bullshit.

I was hoping youd show. Guess not. Hope Jesda is still coming. Really wantg to meet hima nd have acouple drinks with him. Anyhoo. I need to catch some zzzzs.

I guess youll get to ssee the video of our race ...

#141 ·
Since I'm not going now, I think I'll spend that day eating Baconators in honor of what could have been. :D

:chad: :chad: :chad:

#142 ·
I don't think the race thing is really a big deal.... atleast to me.... its still nothing more then a stoplight dash.... espeicaly given the engine output from our cars.

I don't remember who challenged who... but I know I wanted to "race" either way.... heck it woudln't mater who, but is someone brought another older Caddy to the meet, I'd want to race them too :)

Either way, its gonna be alot of fun... lets just hope the rain stops tho.

#143 ·
If I went, I'd soo be racing you guys. It'd be a 4.x showdown! Haha! Or if we wanted to even the odds a bit, it'd be me v. Rick's Town Car v. Gladys.

#145 ·
Actually......

looking at the forcast, there is a 60%+ chance of rain the entire weekend.

I am pretty sure I am not gonna take the Caddy :( I know, I know...

But the AC isn't working, I have a new compressor, accumulator and orifice tube that I need to install... but still, then I gotta find a shop that'll pull a vaccum and get it recharged... then the climate control system still dosn't work right, so it is overridden right now...

So it is gonna be in the 90's and raining... obvisouly need AC, on top of that the speedo is still broke on the Caddy, which is alright, I have my GPS to tell me speedo and mileage, but still, the torque converter dosn't lock up, so I was gonna wire it up to a switch so it would....

but then the front end is still worn.... having my friend here from Hawaii for the past couple weeks means I didn't do a thing to the car, so its really not ready for the trip... atleast the things I was hoping to get fixed first.

So.... I'll take the Town Car... I still wanna see everyone... and it'll be the first time Aimee and I have some alone time in over 3 weeks :) Only a couple little details on the Town Car I need to fix, otherwise its ready to go.... plus I'll actually be bringing a car there that has the abaility to shine up nice and look presentable.

Atleast I won't be the only Lincoln, I can park right next to the Mark VIII :) It'll be cool.

Actually this kinda ruins Jonas's race and stuff..... that stinks :( But the weather just says otherwise right now.

#146 · (Edited)
Words cannot express my disappointment and my disapproval. You sir, have just let every single member of the forum down. Even if someone says they arnt disappointed, they really are deep down inside. The video would have been legendary. But no, you have to puss out.

This is bullshit.

We WILL race. This fall/winter. By then i will be even more ready, more hungry.

You are so going down.

I'll still come to the meet, but i may be :sad:

I will still entertain with a nice smoky burnout :bouncy:. Which im sure not many have seen an '85 Brougham do.

Sig has been corrected

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.