Cadillac Owners Forum banner
120K views 894 replies 190 participants last post by  daytripper 
#1 ·
#550 ·
Re: New engine option for '09 CTS

Good thing you guys don't work for GM; LS7 or supercharged Northstar in the CTS-V? You just priced the V above $60k. They are already selling 07's $10k below sticker to compete with the SRT8. No one will buy the new V at that price.
You cannot compare the CTS-V (including engine choices) to the STS-V; the STS-V is in a different market, rich 50+ men who dont flinch dropping $70k...

#551 ·
Re: New engine option for '09 CTS

Good thing you guys don't work for GM; LS7 or supercharged Northstar in the CTS-V? You just priced the V above $60k. They are already selling 07's $10k below sticker to compete with the SRT8. No one will buy the new V at that price.
You cannot compare the CTS-V (including engine choices) to the STS-V; the STS-V is in a different market, rich 50+ men who dont flinch dropping $70k...
Holy cow... what if the STS-V became the rumored V12 S class fighter. Now, we have room for that 60k CTS-V.
260, 300, 350, 500, 600. Seems like a pretty sick lineup of HP options.

#555 ·
Re: 08 CTS Lighting

Daaaammmmmmnnnnnnn!!! I havent been super impressed so far but that lighting is GORGEOUS! Thanks for posting!

#557 ·
Re: 08 CTS Lighting

seems cadillac is finally getting a clue and not cheaping out on everything. spray on rubberized buttons and surfaces? what were they thinking? freaking bean counters.
damn, the new car is growing on me... frag it!!

damn, look at the light bars running under the lip by the glove compartment area and other places. very nice.

#563 ·
Waiting for the '08

I've been studying everything about the '08 CTS. How can you not love it. 300hp engine, better suspension, plug my Ipod into the center console and read the songs on the screen, huge sunroof, and finally a badass front-end. In 1 year my lease will be done on my '04. I was thinking about a STS, but now that I've seen the '08 STS, I don't think it has anything over the CTS. Actually for a lot less money, the CTS has everything that is hot on the STS, plus a much nicer interior and speedo cluster. I can't wait, but I will:bouncy:

#566 ·
8 months our CTS's will be old.

Went to the Auto Show in Vancouver. Got to sit in an '08 CTS. Wow! There is no question that it will be a huge hit. This opinion is without even driving it. At 300hp and better mileage I'm sure it will be the hot car. After you have sat in the new interior, it's hard to go back to the 'old' CTS interior. I love my '04, glad the lease ends in exactly 1 year. The premium will be off the '08 CTS by then. Pictures don't do this car justice. Wait till you actually see one and sit in it and drive it. You'll understand then, we now own the 'old' CTS.
:burn:

#570 ·
Re: 8 months our CTS's will be old.

I saw the 08 in Dallas and think that it fits in the Cadillac line better than the original CTS does. Ours are more sporty and that makes them more special :)

Dont get me wrong they are awesome cars but I do like my 04

#571 ·
im stuck with my '03 for a little bit and i actually dont mind it, im sitting on 28 k for mileage and have plenty of wiggle room left on my extended factory warranty so i for one wont be one to rush into the '08, im sure it will be a bit more reliable and that much better of a car but i see no reason for just bashing our cars and jumping into the new one, actually i plan on keeping mine till at least 100k or more, im going to school when i get out of the army and no time soon will i be in a brand spankin new cts :bouncy:
overall IMO the extra horse alone would sell me on the 08 but im happy with mine for now!

#576 ·
[QUOTE\] limas if you think thats tacky wait for the years to come, sooner or later well look at the cars on the market now in the same manner of the flintstones, and IMO with technology, i dont think alot of our tastes will be satisfied, i for one am only 23 years old and enjoy the bodies and functions of alot of older cars, in my short time my experience was with the jetta, i loved this car, i had a 95 jetta vr6 and loved it and what did volkswagon do??? they went to this autrocious, disgusting bubble look that was just hideous IMO, i believe our cars are special in that way, the CTS changed a bad trend of really ugly cars and we were all lucky enough to pick up a vehicle with a nice new cutting edge design. [/QUOTE]

one of the reasons i loved my cts (bought it new in 06) ... bm had just changed their styles to the bubble look, mercedes was already there, lexus did it w/ the rx and the IS and GS. It def. distinguished itself amongst its competitors IMO. This new one follow that same bubble look to me, and just reminds me of the nissan maxima... UGH last thing i want is for cadddy to be on the same level as nissan...
if ur scoffing with disbelief and such, check out the following links then decide.
http://www.nissannews.com/images_kam/bigprod_images/05_maxima.jpg
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/2008/08/22.jpg

...or is it just me?

#577 ·
[QUOTE\] limas if you think thats tacky wait for the years to come, sooner or later well look at the cars on the market now in the same manner of the flintstones, and IMO with technology, i dont think alot of our tastes will be satisfied, i for one am only 23 years old and enjoy the bodies and functions of alot of older cars, in my short time my experience was with the jetta, i loved this car, i had a 95 jetta vr6 and loved it and what did volkswagon do??? they went to this autrocious, disgusting bubble look that was just hideous IMO, i believe our cars are special in that way, the CTS changed a bad trend of really ugly cars and we were all lucky enough to pick up a vehicle with a nice new cutting edge design.

one of the reasons i loved my cts (bought it new in 06) ... bm had just changed their styles to the bubble look, mercedes was already there, lexus did it w/ the rx and the IS and GS. It def. distinguished itself amongst its competitors IMO. This new one follow that same bubble look to me, and just reminds me of the nissan maxima... UGH last thing i want is for cadddy to be on the same level as nissan...
if ur scoffing with disbelief and such, check out the following links then decide.
http://www.nissannews.com/images_kam/bigprod_images/05_maxima.jpg
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/2008/08/22.jpg

...or is it just me?[/QUOTE]

I think its just you..besides for color...the cars look nothing alike.

#578 ·
The 1964 GTO was a classic. 1967 was probably the best looking of the goats. By '69-70 and up they had a new look that many didn't like. Here it is 37 years or more later and you know what, they are all classics. Same with our CTS'. It will evolve over the years and get better and better, I hope. But we will tell our kids in 20 years that we had the original car that saved Cadillac!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.