Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What pressure do you run in F1's for an even pattern?

630 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  OldRoadDawg 
#1 ·
For maximum traction I believe you want an even pattern in burn out marks. So for you out there running F1's, what pressure gives you an even burn out and best traction?

#3 ·
I don't know that burnout marks is a good measure....especially with our wheel hop. But, the F1's give you feedback on the wear pattern pretty fast.

running at 32 started to wear my centers out....dropping down to 28 evened them out......then running the rest of their life at 30 resulted in the tires evenly wearing out at about 13K.

Now I just run at 30.

#4 · (Edited)
How can I say this - I've heard that for best launches on, say, just one particular day you do burn outs until you get an even pattern. Then that even pattern gives you best grip that day for those launches.

I was cusious if anyone had played around with the pattern and found those numbers, understanding they can vary some with conditions.

#5 ·
How can I say this - I've heard that for best launches on, say, just one particular day you do burn outs until you get an even pattern. That that even pattern gives you best grip that day for those launches.

I was cusious if anyone had played around with the pattern and found those numbers, understanding they can vary some with conditions.
sorry; I may have misunderstood your original post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.