Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I thought waxing was good

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
I wash my car weekly and wax it every 2 months. After a nice wax it really makes the V look pretty. But this time I decided to take it a step further
Wash , Wash, CLAY BAR, WAX
HOLY SHiza does claybaring really get deep into that Black Raven paint. Made my 05 V look Brand Spanking new
If you guys haven't clay bard before, I highly recomend it...If you have, I wish I started clay baring a long time ago
Pics will come tomorrow or later, when I can find Good lighting!

#2 ·
A couple days after I got my car delivered to me I went and had it clayed and damnnnnn it looked good. It got all the road grit and oils from the other cars on the truck completely off. I am mad that I only got the tops done. I should have done the whole thing.

#11 ·
Jon - I bet if it looks that good on the screen, the real thing would catch anyones eye on the road, damn...my V is ashamed of me as well now.

CTS-V420/Jon - which products did you use, and approx. how long was the process for each step?
I have have to plan ahead with the family if I am going to do this to mine sometime in the forseeable future. Seeing those picts is good motivation.

#13 ·
#16 · (Edited)
I came SO-O-O close to getting a black V (called the dealer back after agreeing to the purchase to tell him I wanted the gray one instead) ... black is gorgeous color especially when they look like Jon's. It's living in Michigan that's the problem; green/beautiful six months of the year and gray/overcast/rainy/snowy the other six months. :helpless:

#17 ·
I had a roomate two years ago that was fixated on his WS6 TA. He swore by nothing but griots. I bought some of their products and wont go back. I want to get an orbital this year and take out some of the swirl marks. I just feel really bad, I love my car, and it is my daily driver, although I prolly wouldn't have it any other way if I had a choice, anyway, it gets enjoyed and is starting to show signs, little nicks, rim rash, etc. When I drove to NYC all the time, parking garage attendants would touch the back bumper to other cars leaving screw marks from where they touched. Such a shame.

#20 ·
If you're going to buff out swirls, don't use anything other than Griot's buffer and pads. It's completely safe and idiot proof (handy for me!), and you can't screw it up.
They do have new orbitals with nice handles. But the previous models I bought elsewhere. You can get the exact orbital at Loews, for a bit less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.