Cadillac Owners Forum banner

An interesting problem

Tags
cts cts-v ext
571 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  BowenCT 
#1 ·
About two weeks and approximately 1000 miles ago, my CTS-V XM radio lost all of the preset labels. The presets themselves were OK; that is, pressing the preset button took the radio to the correct channel. All of the labels had been replaced with channel numbers. Some of the numbers were correct, others were incorrect (e.g., some were labeled Channel 0). I restored the labels in the normal way by setting the radio to the channel and then holding the preset button until the label was set (e.g., Channel 40 changed to Deep Trac). The next day it happened again. I again restored the labels and waited to see what would happen on day three. The problem has not occurred again. Has anyone else observed this behavior?

#4 ·
Happened to me too. Same result, by the time I got back in from work, problem solved. I love it when problems solve themselves ;)

#5 ·
The problem that has not fixed itself is the DSP that can be set for each channel. I love the "driver seat" selection and "spacious" as a close second, but they seem to change back to defaults when I start the car.

I haven't read up on this issue, just dropping my $.02

#8 ·
The problem that has not fixed itself is the DSP that can be set for each channel. I love the "driver seat" selection and "spacious" as a close second, but they seem to change back to defaults when I start the car.

I haven't read up on this issue, just dropping my $.02
That's an easy fix and it is in your manual.

First select the station you want to change. Then go in and change the DSP to whatever you want. Then exit back to the main radio screen and press and hold the preset button for that station again to save it.

Bingo, now each station you can set what DSP you want for that station.

Neat, ain't it ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.