Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My Horrible Cts-v Accdient

2K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  Rich H 
#1 · (Edited)
Horrible accident happened. Horrible Rain, my traction control was off ( didnt even realize it, so use to just turning it off all the time)

Anyhow as I was passing a guy to get into the left lane. My car slipped. Did 180 and 360 the other way and went on the sideback (broke suspension/cracked rear diff/bend 2 wheels) and hit a tree and a pole.

here are some pictures. I findout tommorow if the car is total or fixble and how much its gona cost.... :mad:

#13 ·
Sorry to see that...

but saying that turning off the TC is habit is a pretty poor excuse considering it there was "horrible rain". I now know why my collision insurance went up 20% this year although I have no accidents or anything else that should effect the rate. Idiots own the same car I do. Great!

#14 ·
Uhh...I am located in Toronto, and there was no "Horrible Rain" around the GTA today. Seems to me someone likes to turn off TC and have alittle "fun". Looks like you came up short in the talent department and physics won out. Shame to see a V go down like that. I guess just because you can afford the car payment on a V, doesn't mean you have the skill or respect to drive it.

#25 ·
Doug,

That thought popped inot my head when I first looked at that picture. that accidnet could happen 100 times and I doubt that would happen again.

After the initial toguht, I then started thinking how luck this guy was. That could have been a LOT worse. Even going fairly slow, hitting either of those head on would be bad news.

I love all the cynical rain conspiracy theories also.

-Chris

#18 ·
Damn! We've all been there. I had a "moment" when I first got my 2004. I didn't realize that holding the trac/cont button could turn off "everything". I was showing off and ended up doing a tail slapper trying to regain control of the car. Scared the crap out of me. 6 months later I was doing that for fun though.

#19 ·
Man, that sucks, sorry to hear that.

I had a similar scarry incident on the highway at 65, TC was all on, but I accelerated to pass someone in the rain, and the rear came out a good 45 degrees, I flapped back and forth from 45 right to 45 left a couple times and regained control. Bald tires were the culprit.

Just beware, if you drive with low traction, whether its tires or lack of TC, you could get a "pop-quiz" on your driving ability.

#22 ·
Man, that sucks, sorry to hear that.

I had a similar scarry incident on the highway at 65, TC was all on, but I accelerated to pass someone in the rain, and the rear came out a good 45 degrees, I flapped back and forth from 45 right to 45 left a couple times and regained control. Bald tires were the culprit.

Just beware, if you drive with low traction, whether its tires or lack of TC, you could get a "pop-quiz" on your driving ability.
It only takes a second to bring the rear around.

#26 ·
well, lemme start by saying that sucks...and then Ill say if they total it, do you have any mods you wanna sell???
Sh!tty to hear buddy:ill: if that is the case pm me and i will also buy your front bumper...fog assemblies...and lower grill and maybe even your rear bumper..if it would help save u some cash

#24 ·
Man, I still can't figure out that 4th picture unless you slid past the hedge, changed direction and landed between the tree and pole. (not pictured)
Or it could just be that I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. again....

Sorry to see that none the less.

rgd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.