Cadillac Owners Forum banner

well, speak up, you have 10 days

POLL: Kill the V Sightings thread?

2K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  P-Funk 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I checked it out when I first started visiting this site... now, it seems a waste. There is just too much area being covered. :bonkers:

A "region" type system would be nice... but that could also get "out of control"... How do you make the regions? States? Cities?

It is a good idea, but I think there needs to be some thought put into a solution that works... I don't know if a "shout out" on the forum for each and every sighting would be the right thing... I could see that getting VERY cluttered choking out the "important" information threads quickly...

What about "another" CTS-V Forum with a BUNCH of regions in it? Like, One for each state, then break out the major area's of each state as needed? The link to the "main" CTS-V Sightings thread could be at the top of the CTS-V Forum, much like the Classifieds Link...

Here's my thoughts - Rough draft style...

Illinois -> All
Illinois -> Chicago
Illinois -> Chicago N & NW Suburbs
Illinois -> Chicago S & SW Suburbs
Illinois -> Rockford
Illinois -> Central
Illinois -> Southern

Once you have a State lined up, allow users to "request" their "region" be added... if the Mod's get enough requests, add a new "link"...

#5 ·
I have never seen one so I live vicariously through the sightings of others.

But I have to admit, after you've read one "hey, I saw a V the other day" post you've pretty much read them all.

I say take it down and make either the "Nitrogen in Tires" or the "Toysnot" thread sticky. :)

(I know, I add no value)

#9 ·
I'd say just restart the thread. See if it's mo betta if it only contains fresh sightings.

#10 ·
I don't think individual threads would be such a bad thing as long as they specify in the Title where they saw it. Like "V spotted in NYC". If it doesn't interest you just don't click it. :shrug:

The part that I never understood was the "on the road - in motion only" thing. I used to start a new thread of a V I saw parked somewhere and it would be locked because it wasn't in the V sightings thread. It makes no sense. Does it really matter if it was parked or driving on the road?

#12 ·
You don't really want my honest opinion here do ya? Want my classic one word answer? JUNK

#17 ·
Just (2) categories: California and other. Ha, ha. But seriously, regional would be cool then we could make an effort to get in touch with those we spotted.

#18 ·
She's dying her own slow death, just let 'er be.

#20 ·
Keep it, lose it, doesn't matter to me, there's only a few V's in Bama.
But I did see an STS-V!:highfive:

#25 ·
agree

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.