Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ballast Replacement

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ColtonCTS 
#1 ·
Good morning,

Appears as though I lost one of my ballast and that's whats causing my headlight not to work.
I've used the search on here and seen a lot of people using after market ballast which I'm fine with, however I don't see what brand anyone is using.

Would anyone recommend a brand or website that they have used with success?
Thanks!

2004 CTS with HID - Ballast.

#2 ·
ColtonCTS said:
Good morning, Appears as though I lost one of my ballast and that's whats causing my headlight not to work. I've used the search on here and seen a lot of people using after market ballast which I'm fine with, however I don't see what brand anyone is using. Would anyone recommend a brand or website that they have used with success? Thanks! 2004 CTS with HID - Ballast.
What makes you think it's the ballast? Have you swapped the actual bulbs around? Are there new bulbs installed?

All of my headlight problems were because of the bulbs. Both ballasts are still factory installed.

KOT

#3 ·
I've taken the ballast out and attempted to put it in my other headlamp which was working and the bulb would not power on.
I've also swapped cables and tried three different HID lights with no success.

When plugged in my ballast makes a sound like it's starting up, however no power to the bulb.
Upon taking it off there is no signs of water damage, etc. But It definitely appears to have gone bad.

Electronic engineering Computer hardware Circuit component Electronic component Electronics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.