Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Unofficial CTS-V Picture Thread

481K views 755 replies 254 participants last post by  06ctsv1 
#1 ·
Let's see some pictures of these bad boys. I've been looking for pictures, but they are scattered through the forum.

Everyone, post them here!

#241 ·
that is the kind of intake I want. why can't someone engineer that one??? carbon fiber, ram air and looks sick. you get rid of existing cover and replace it with that cf ram air piece. Is it only on the VR??
The VR's engine is set back in the engine compartment much further than our standard V's for better weight distribution making room for a straight "ram-air" in-line air intake.

However, maybe you can talk "the girls" into installing it for you. :sneaky:

#243 ·

:cop:Step away from the vehicle. Turn away from me. Slowly set the wrench on the ground................. MMmmm. Now spread em! :leghump:

#245 ·
814V - Awesome picture! Never seen that one.

#248 · (Edited)
since it is such a nice day in Florida and I cannot drive the V since I'm waiting for the HID's to come in and the bumper is off...decided to pamper the V and slide on a few coats of wax

Attachments

#255 · (Edited)
Couple shots from a recent carshow in New Brunswick, New Jersey. It was the Fast and Furious movie release show. Lot of cool cars there (a lot of rice though too, naturally). The V was a big hit. All kinds of people kept asking me if I did an LS6 engine swap into a base Cadillac CTS :confused:. Typical Fast and Furious crowd I suppose :duck:. Anyway, we knew the guy running it so we got some of the best spots in the house. Here are the pics.

#256 ·
Here is my V!!:yup:

Attachments

#257 ·
How hot are those fog light bulbs?
Car looks good. I like the Vengance sticker, even though I don't usually go for something like that.

#260 ·
Maggie definitely needs FRC, or MSD coil packs but,,,$$$

#263 ·

interior bling - the windshield crack, its been fixed

i need some GTO FRCs

#264 ·
I like!!!

The FRCs arent that costly.

This post has been deleted
#268 ·
my latest pic :)

im trying to find some sts-v fogs. maybe i will order the clear side markers today from ebay

Hey, you found this thread. Good for you! :thumbsup:

You need to make a templet for the FRCs once you get them on around the Maggie. That woiud be great.
YUP YUP :stirpot:

#267 ·
You need to make a templet for the FRCs once you get them on around the Maggie. That woiud be great.

#269 ·
I would like to but it's a little too late for that. I have already kind jacked up the driver side one:thepan:

#270 ·
Mission Accomplished!!!!!

I fought with these fuel rail covers for almost 5 hrs:want:

This is honestly the hardest mod I have ever attempted on my life, however I think is was well worth it. I basically had to move everything including all the hoses like 50 time each...

MauiV- as for the template I do not think anyone want mine!!! haha.... Randy sent me some pics and was very helpful, but his hoses were run completely different than mine, so I do not think we could have a universal template for the maggie install.

Special thanks to Randy and Tom for the help. This MOD was a complete pain in the a$$!! All in all it was worth it!! If you notice the covers sitting wrong dont pay any attention because they aren’t crooked.. lol

Attachments

#277 ·
Mission Accomplished!!!!!

I fought with these fuel rail covers for almost 5 hrs:want:

This is honestly the hardest mod I have ever attempted on my life, however I think is was well worth it. I basically had to move everything including all the hoses like 50 time each...

MauiV- as for the template I do not think anyone want mine!!! haha.... Randy sent me some pics and was very helpful, but his hoses were run completely different than mine, so I do not think we could have a universal template for the maggie install.

Special thanks to Randy and Tom for the help. This MOD was a complete pain in the a$$!! All in all it was worth it!! If you notice the covers sitting wrong dont pay any attention because they aren’t crooked.. lol
Looks good. Was the hard part the cutting, or moving the hoses? Did you have to disconnect the fuel line? Hate doing that. That's why I bought Heavys fire extinguisher bracket. Doesn't look like you had to cut that much more than a stocker.

#271 ·
Nice! You did a pretty nice job man! I shoulda held on to the set I had and shipped them down to you so you could cut em for me! :lol:

Oh well, Mystical Ice is enjoying them now...

#272 ·
now you just need to clean up the routing a bit so you can see the FRC's!

#275 ·
No Way!! Im done with this project!! If you come to V-Day I'll let you fix them...:thumbsup:

Tom-If you send me a set, I'll cut them up for you!!!:want:

#276 ·
Cowan, Im going to need to know the mailing address so I know where to send my FRCs. Ive got a crisp $5 right here with your name on it!!!!

My plumbing is over the top like yours to keep the hose from pinching on the bottom side.

#278 ·
PM Sent, I'll do it. Cutting is not the hard part, it's the install!! lol

#285 ·
the dust I have to keep wiping down always got on my nervs and Im tired of wiping down the engine bay.. these will help with that..

Cowan

#283 ·
This is probably going to be a huge picture but its the best I can do cause the pics were on my phone and it was a big mess so you only get one! lol

#287 ·
This is probably going to be a huge picture but its the best I can do cause the pics were on my phone and it was a big mess so you only get one! lol

That big dirty red thing's gotta go ;)
When you say intercooler, you mean the heat exchanger (radiator) right? If so, yes the tank under it doesn't fit right. I barely got mine on, and I think its common.
Did you get a green belt just so it sticks out,,,,,and to run it in???
That lil black thing wouldn't be a 2.6, would it? Can't wait to see how much boost your pushing.