Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Unofficial CTS-V Picture Thread

481K views 755 replies 254 participants last post by  06ctsv1 
#1 ·
Let's see some pictures of these bad boys. I've been looking for pictures, but they are scattered through the forum.

Everyone, post them here!

#695 ·
Beautiful car TST - the stance and the wheels....Yes please.
What tint % ?
What size tires/wheels ?
Thanks, Ace.

Not sure on the tint but it needs to be redone; it's pretty hackey. Going to go with the same level of darkness though, it's just right.

The wheels are 19x8.5 and 19x9.5. Again, they're less than ideal because I can't lower the car any more and it's sitting like a monster truck.
I was going to try slimmer tires, currently running 255/285 thought about going to 245/265, but dont know if that will get me to where I need to be to drop the car an inch. Yes, fenders rolled. The ET on the fronts is 35, forgot to check the rears when I had them off last week.
Honestly wouldn't mind going down to an 18" wheel again if it gets me the fender clearance I need.

#696 ·
Your stance doesn't look bad at all...but I'm with you on wanting to get even lower.

I just widened my OEM 18" rears to 9 3/4 , waiting for the powder coaters to finish. Going 285/35/18 in rear and hoping to be able to lower the car. I'm very nervous about the whole thing to be honest.

When you do get your tint re-done , please let me know what % you chose !

P.S. judging by the background in your picture.... I'm saying Irvine or RSM . How'd I do ?

#703 ·
Dealing with the Mid-Atlantic snowstorm...

The view out my upstairs window about 9:15 this morning:

Starting to dig it out:

It's free!

I shoveled out to the street, but that hasn't been plowed in hours, and is about 8" deep, so I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

#705 ·
I'm a bit west of the DC Beltway. It's light stuff, so it's hard to tell a true depth (blowing around a bit, so even in the middle of the yard I don't know if it's a "true" accumulation). When I went out before noon to dig out, the V had ~15" on the roof, and I had cleared the car off last night about 9:30, at which point we had ~6" already. I would say I'm at about 23" and still coming down - actually, I'd say it's coming down harder now than it was when I was out shoveling. Not supposed to stop for another 5-8hr.

I took the car for a spin about 6pm yesterday. At that point my neighborhood streets had ~3", but the main road was in pretty good shape - the plows were a couple hundred yards ahead of me on the road. Once I was rolling I was fine, but getting moving from a standstill on any incline is tough, even with snow tires.

#716 ·
At Pittsburgh Intl Race Complex (aka PittRace) for 2 days of fun on track this weekend.

Those last two were taken by my brother, who was also running with his E46 330i. They're both a bit out of focus, but not too bad for a point-n-shoot camera from about 300yds away!