Cadillac Owners Forum banner

cts 2004 radio light not on or functioning

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Cadillaczack 
#1 ·
I own a 2004 CTS 3.6L . I drove my car to work and the radio was working fine with nothing unusual. I came out 8 hours later and when I turned my car on the radio did not light up or turn on and was not functioning. If anyone has seen this problem before I would really appreciate any input as this is an extremely sudden and frustrating problem. It has been cold and snowing lately if that is relevant at all.
Electronics Green Technology Cd player Room

See less See more
#6 ·
Replace the fuse on the radio itself.

This is going by memory from 7 years ago...

1) Open the "ash" tray and pull the little plastic tray piece out.
2) Remote the screw that is in there, it should be an 6 or 8mm.
3) Gentilly remove the pressed-in part of the "ash" tray.
4) Repeat for the center vent with the 4-way flasher.
5) Remove the four 8mm screws that are holding the radio itself in.
6) Remove the radio and unplug the harnesses. There should be a fuse hiding under one of them.

Install everything back as it were. Personally, I left that hidden 6 or 8mm screw from the ash tray.

KOT

#11 ·
Well I know it's a little late for an update but I took everything apart a few weekends ago and checked the fuse only to find that it wasn't blown either but I disconnected and reconnected everything just to be sure and when I put it back together it worked . thank you all again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.