Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1993 Fleetwood cranks but wont start

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  drmenard 
#1 ·
1993 168k all original fleetwood girlfriend bought it so i dont know any of the history
from looks of it only thing has been replaced are starter,alternator,
belt and a few hoses so i changed all the fluids air filter running fine week later the distributor cap melted away the center i replaced that and the wires and plugs exactly one week later warmed up the car for 15min (we live in Alaska ) got about a block and it died it will crank but not start and the maintenance light comes on now when i put the key to the on position i thought i couldnt hear the fuel pump turn on it the warm button and off and 00-comes up
so replaced it and the fuel filter checked the fuses all were fine except the air pump fuse which
i replaced ..still wont start Help !!its such a fun comfortable car to drive

#4 ·
That would be my guess, any remaining fuel left in that pump got as far as it could them it just shut down like that. Yup and if there was ice in that pump at all that would over work the pump as well. Also check the fuse pump relay pass side engine compartment top left hope that helps

#5 ·
It boils down to , is it spark problem or a gas problem.. Being a lazy man what I would do first is pour some gas down the throttle body and crank it. If it starts and stalls its a gas problem. If it does not start , its a spark problem. Then go in that direction to look for the problem..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.