Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  OffThaHorseCEO 
#1 ·
OK, I know this is a Cadillac forum but I have a CTS picture on my cell phone I want to download to my PC. My ? is, what are some good, free/cheap programs that allow data trnsfers from the phone to the PC? I have tried MobileEdit and Bitpim with NO success....any others out there?? I have a Motorola Razr from Cingular.

Thanks in advance...just want to share this CTS pic on my phone with ya!!

#4 ·
#5 ·
Besides all of that the phone should have come with the software to do that or it should be downloadable from the phone manufacturer. Aside from that you could just email it to yourself?

#7 ·
codewize said:
Besides all of that the phone should have come with the software to do that or it should be downloadable from the phone manufacturer. Aside from that you could just email it to yourself?
Mine didn't come with any software. I have tried to e-mail it but I keep getting an error about the mail setup isn't complete. Does the Cingular store have to set this function up?

Thanks for all the help!! :highfive:

#8 ·
Search ebay for Motorola Mobile Phone Tools. It's software that lets you transfer pics, video, and mp3s either from your phone to your computer or from your computer to your phone. It also lets you create your own ringtones with mp3s already on your computer. It retails on motorola.com for about $60, but I got it off ebay with a mini USB cable for $12. I have a razr too, and this works awesome with it. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
I also bought phone tools for my V3.
If you don't want to buy that you can buy a bluetooth usb adapter.
It lets you plug into a usb port and connect for file transfer to your phone, it will also let you use your cellular for a backup internet modem and some other stuff too.

The mobile phone tools is better because it has more features but it does cost money, even though the guy at the Cingular store lied to me and told me you could download it for free.
I used it for my V180 and they just released an update a few weeks ago that makes it work better and work with the V3.
Look at the compusa website and search for usb bluetooth.

#10 ·
CTS_FAN said:
Mine didn't come with any software. I have tried to e-mail it but I keep getting an error about the mail setup isn't complete. Does the Cingular store have to set this function up?

Thanks for all the help!! :highfive:
No you shouldn't have to set it up. You go like you are sending a text message, then insert the picture, and then when it comes time to choose who you are sending it to, instead of putting in a phone number you put in your e-mail address.

#11 ·
LittleB said:
No you shouldn't have to set it up. You go like you are sending a text message, then insert the picture, and then when it comes time to choose who you are sending it to, instead of putting in a phone number you put in your e-mail address.
FINALLY!! I had to insert it as an attachment...thanks again!! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.