Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2008 STS stuck in 'Valet mode active' mode

10K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  aksupremedream 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 STS. Someone may have inadvertently hit the valet switch in my glove box. I turned it off, but it appears to still be active. When trying to go to setup (using the radio to set driver preferences) I get the message 'valet mode active' even though the switch is in the off position. I've also noticed that the heated seats no longer work. I this also a result of the valet mode being active? Any ideas about how I might disable the valet mode would be most appreciated.

#2 ·
Something sounds very wrong. I'm not aware of valet mode affecting things like heated seats. You can always make sure the switch is off and then try the battery disconnect trick (disconnect the negative cable and touch it to the positive cable for a few seconds).

#5 ·
I have some additional information related to this problem - In addition to my heated seats no longer working, the power seats, power tilt, backup sensors and manual shift no longer function. I checked the fuse boxes under the back seat and all fuses are good. I'm confused.

#6 ·
rreeve said:
I have some additional information related to this problem - In addition to my heated seats no longer working, the power seats, power tilt, backup sensors and manual shift no longer function. I checked the fuse boxes under the back seat and all fuses are good. I'm confused.
Did you follow 3 other members suggestion and disconnect the battery touch the terminals and reconnect?

Did you have the electrical system tested to see if it's a weak battery / alt not charging.

Gotta help us help you.

#8 ·
What makes you believe this might be a bad ground? I can tell you that all the systems you mentioned with faults do not share a common ground. This would definitely not be my start point. Did you have the battery and charging system checked? If not, start there.

#10 ·
Nope, there isn't a common +12VDC source for all of these either. As for the valet switch, generally circuits like this are active when grounded. The module will typically have an input that is held high with a pull-up resistor (this keeps the input from "floating" with possible erroneous results). When it is grounded the module will interpret this as being activated. Therefore, it may be worth a try to disconnect the switch. I'd also be curious to see if there are any DTC's stored.

#13 · (Edited)
The seat controls and heater use ground G307 located under the drivers seat but not sure if that is your problem. Just left of the drivers seat on the left frame rail.

Check the 10 amp fuse labeled HUD in the under hood fuse box. Good Luck

Welcome to the forum. Lots of smart/experienced people here to help you. Help us help you by giving as much info as you can about the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.