Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2008 STS Cigarette Port in Dash

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum but not new to caddys. I just got an 08 STS with the Nav unit. The in dash cigarette lighter port isn't working but the rest are. I opened the hood to see if I could find the fuse, but no luck. Where is the fuse?

#4 ·
They call the things "power port" or "auxiliary power source" or some other politically correct term. Might be a weird abbreviation in the fuse box cover diagram. The fuse/relay descriptions in the owner's manuals are (usually ?) pretty good.

Your car may also have RAP - Retained Accessory Power - a system that keeps some accessories powered up for 10 minutes after Key: OFF. In some models the power port fuses are set into 2-position sockets - 3 contacts - one position is RAP controlled, the other is hot at all times.

#6 ·
The fuse is in the under hood fuse block and labled something like 'ACCY' if I'm not mistaken. There are actually two. One is 15A for the dash outlet and the other is a 20A for the centre console and rear outlets. Not positive on the descriptions but they are there.

----------

They are labelled 'FRT PWR OUTLET ' and 'AUX OUTLET '. The one for the dash is the first designation.

#9 ·
Some GM vehicles (haven't specifically checked the STS yet) have a two-place fuse position. If the fuse is in one location there is only power available with the car on and while retained accessory power is active, in the other position power is always present. I'll have to look into this and see.

#10 ·
DD - I liked that feature on my '93 Roadmaster & my wife's '98 Seville STS. Fortunately, I needed so little current, I didn't need to wire a relay circuit, a telco-style tap was enough for the 50 mA and site members' advice 5 years ago must have been OK, it still works and all is well.

If later STS have that feature, that's another pebble on one side of the balance when comparing & contrasting the STS models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.