Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Navigation / radio dead, foreign language

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  RedZombieSTS 
#1 ·
Hey guys, been a while hope all is well. Last week I had a flat repaired, came in next day, started the car, navigation keeps looping the sts logo and the language in the display is foreign. Has this happened to anyone? I have checked the forum. Tried the battery disconnect / tap together, etc. The radio only plays static and ejects discs and navigation disc. I have added a pic. Some other notes, battery and starter replaced last month.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
The only time I've seen the Nav reboot continuously like you describe was caused by a very weak battery. I used an ODBII scan tool to check the battery voltage and it was only 9.1 volts! Cabin lights, dash and all looked normal, but it really freaked out the Nav computer (and no start either). Maybe a brand new yet bad battery? Maybe a bad ground? Maybe loose battery cables? Once I replaced the battery, all was well...but I got a "Service Airbag" message, which my guess was caused by the freaked out, rebooting computer...after a few restarts, the message cleared on its own. Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.