Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  inurok 
#1 ·
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=103544

Whoever this guy is better take a long hard look at Cadillac and make sure whatever he has coming is ready to compete with the best Cadillac has to offer. This is no time for Lincoln to be sitting on its laurels.

#5 ·
Why are you guys so worried about Lincoln? This is a Cadillac board for christs sake! DIE LINCOLN DIE!:devil: Long Live Cadillac!:p

It's not like they ever actually had any GREAT cars. Okay, maybe the Continentals from the 70s...but nothing else. I knew they were good as dead when their pickup-truck flopped a couple of years ago...

#6 ·
:yeah:
Here's what Lincoln should do:
-Bring back the Mark series, make it compete with, CLK, 6 series (V6, V8, hi po V8) possible convertible???
-Bring back RWD Continental, make it compete with A6, 5 Series, E Class, flagship (V6, V8, Hipo V8)
-Redo Town Car, bring it up-market, compete with LS430 & Q45 (more modern design, 6 seat configuation optional, more power, more engine choices, but it should stay same price, little more expensive, maybe have 2 types of Town Cars, one to stay true to loyal customers, one to get more younger customers) (DOHC 4.6 V8, Hi po V8, possibly Jag 4.0 liter)
- Downsize the Navigator, make it compete with Range Rover and what not
- Make a convertible, compete with XLR and SL
- Make smaller sports sedan, compete with CTS, 3 series, A4, C class

I think If Lincoln does this, they will gain more sales, and they will slowly get the reputation of Cadillac. The biggest problem I see with this is that Bill Ford may not want to give more money to Lincoln when hes got too look over Jaguar Volvo, and Land Rover also.

#7 ·
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
:yeah:
Here's what Lincoln should do:
-Bring back the Mark series, make it compete with, CLK, 6 series (V6, V8, hi po V8) possible convertible???
-Bring back RWD Continental, make it compete with A6, 5 Series, E Class, flagship (V6, V8, Hipo V8)
-Redo Town Car, bring it up-market, compete with LS430 & Q45 (more modern design, 6 seat configuation optional, more power, more engine choices, but it should stay same price, little more expensive, maybe have 2 types of Town Cars, one to stay true to loyal customers, one to get more younger customers) (DOHC 4.6 V8, Hi po V8, possibly Jag 4.0 liter)
- Downsize the Navigator, make it compete with Range Rover and what not
- Make a convertible, compete with XLR and SL
- Make smaller sports sedan, compete with CTS, 3 series, A4, C class

I think If Lincoln does this, they will gain more sales, and they will slowly get the reputation of Cadillac. The biggest problem I see with this is that Bill Ford may not want to give more money to Lincoln when hes got too look over Jaguar Volvo, and Land Rover also.
Well said. I know this is a Cadillac board but we are slowly losing everything that gave this country it's heritage. while Lincoln is owned by Ford it's soul came from it's biological father who happens to be the man who fathered Cadillac. Everything that gives us our identity is slowly being replaced or worst yet lost to time. The automakers are trying to conform to what they think is good, instead doing what the buying public wants. Cadillac knew that it's buyers wanted RWD, fast sedans and it gave it to us in the form of the CTS and CTS-V. It knew buyers who wanted personal luxury roadsters were looking elsewhere and it's reattached its balls and made the XLR. If Ford doesn't want to keep Lincoln alive then dammit let GM buy it and let it join its older brother on the road back to glory.*slides soapbox back under table*

#8 ·
addison_ii said:
If Ford doesn't want to keep Lincoln alive then dammit let GM buy it and let it join its older brother on the road back to glory.*slides soapbox back under table*
That may not be a bad idea! I'm sure the public would be confused as hell :wtf: :confused: Maybe Lincoln would be like a modern Lasalle or something

#10 ·
ben72227 said:
Why are you guys so worried about Lincoln? This is a Cadillac board for christs sake! DIE LINCOLN DIE!:devil: Long Live Cadillac!:p

It's not like they ever actually had any GREAT cars. Okay, maybe the Continentals from the 70s...but nothing else. I knew they were good as dead when their pickup-truck flopped a couple of years ago...
If Cadillac doesn't have decent domestic competition they will also dift down into complacency and obscurity.

#11 ·
Playdrv4me said:
Hmm... replace Buick with Lincoln... I LIKE IT!
Seriously??

I was thinking have Cadillac go up market, and run with Mercedes and BMW, and have "Lincoln" take in the 30-50k market

#12 ·
Kev said:
If Cadillac doesn't have decent domestic competition they will also dift down into complacency and obscurity.
'eeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee ya go! Cadillac needs it's Lincoln as Lincoln needs it's Cadillac. Two brands cut from the same cloth, rivals for decades. I for one like that the Twon Car is still a traditional RWD Luxury Car. The LS was doing a good job competing with the imports cause it had the same stuff but a V8. The Mark needs to come back off the Mustang platform and maybe the body if they can make it look good. Bring back the Continental based off the concept or maybe do something with the Ford Five Hundred's platform. Navigator needs to be upped a little more. Needs to be redesigned to not resemble an Expedition at all. The Aviator needs to go or like the Navigator, NOT LOOK LIKE AN EXPLORER!!! Axe the pick up. Pick up your axe, go chop down that cherry tree Lincoln! DopeStar OUT! *Flings mic over shoulder and walks off stage hanging hair down*

#14 ·
DopeStar 156 said:
Crap I think that might have been Washington......
Yeah I think that was Washington. :D But I liked the outro though.

#15 ·
DopeStar 156 said:
'eeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee ya go! Cadillac needs it's Lincoln as Lincoln needs it's Cadillac. Two brands cut from the same cloth, rivals for decades. I for one like that the Twon Car is still a traditional RWD Luxury Car. The LS was doing a good job competing with the imports cause it had the same stuff but a V8. The Mark needs to come back off the Mustang platform and maybe the body if they can make it look good. Bring back the Continental based off the concept or maybe do something with the Ford Five Hundred's platform. Navigator needs to be upped a little more. Needs to be redesigned to not resemble an Expedition at all. The Aviator needs to go or like the Navigator, NOT LOOK LIKE AN EXPLORER!!! Axe the pick up. Pick up your axe, go chop down that cherry tree Lincoln! DopeStar OUT! *Flings mic over shoulder and walks off stage hanging hair down*
The Aviator has is in fact being replaced with a crossover type vehicle in 2007, the current model has been Discontinued.

#16 ·
Cadillac needs it's Lincoln as Lincoln needs it's Cadillac.
Yeah right, not any more. While Lincoln was trying to pass off its LS as a decent car:sneaky:, Cadillac was busy building itself as a world-class luxury car company, and guess what? Cadillac CTS sales pretty much PWNED the Lincoln LS BIG TIME.

And, Cadillac went from being the old mans car, to the hip, cool brand it once was. I mean, 10 years ago, if you had said that in 2005 there would be a Cadillac with manual transmission and a 400HP 'Vette engine, they would have laughed at you, but as usual, Cadillac pretty much did a 180, just like when they brought out the 300HP Northstar 12 years ago, and people pretty much were like:eek: - "You mean, Cadillac doesn't have a crappy V8 engine anymore?!"

It just goes to show, while Lincoln sat around and waited for something, GM took the initiative to make Cadillac into pretty much the greatest luxury car company EVER!:thumbsup:

#18 ·
ben72227 said:
Yeah right, not any more. While Lincoln was trying to pass off its LS as a decent car:sneaky:, Cadillac was busy building itself as a world-class luxury car company, and guess what? Cadillac CTS sales pretty much PWNED the Lincoln LS BIG TIME.
Alright, can't disagree with the CTS sales numbers, but Cadillac needs Lincoln, Lincoln needs Cadillac, and that's how it is. Frankly, I love Lincoln. They're alot like Cadillac before the V family was born. Come on guys, Cadillac cannot be the only American luxury brand. Americans need a good defense against Audis, BMWs, and especially Hyundai's future luxury brand (for sure). Unfortunately, Lincoln needs a serious shot of adrenaline to keep it competitive. I really don't know if I believe it has the chance, I mean, Ford has too much canabalization with Jaguar around to want to make Lincoln a more agile brand, but if they don't compete with Cadillac, they're loosing out. Lincoln needs to be building comparable models to Cadillac to keep Cadillac honest. You can't kill one brother for the benefit of the other, sibling rivalry is a good thing. Look where it got Cain. Keep Lincoln strong, keep Cadillac strong.

#19 ·
ben72227 said:
just like when they brought out the 300HP Northstar 12 years ago, and people pretty much were like:eek: - "You mean, Cadillac doesn't have a crappy V8 engine anymore?!"

the 4.9 isnt crappy!

#22 ·
ben72227 said:
Yeah yeah yeah, all of the Aluminum OHV engines of the 80s PALE in comparison to the Northstar, period. Sure, the 4.9 isn't crappy, when compared to the V8-6-4, or the Diesel 350, but the Northstar pretty much blows it out of the water...I mean, the Northstar has LIMP HOME MODE, Hello?!
I admit the Northstar is much more technically advanced and has a lot more power (70-100hp more), don't get me wrong, the Northstar IS a better motor. But for what it is, the 4.9 isn't bad. It's torquey, reliable, good on gas (16-17mpg average), easy to work on and maintain, pretty low maintenance, and when you consider that it came from the HT4100, It looks pretty good :)

#24 ·
I kind of do! A N* deville concours or STS

#26 ·
I believe it cuts power to 4 cylinders or something like that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.