Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BeelzeBob 
#1 ·
Hey all just had a question that I was wondering if someone could helpe me out with. I was recently Installing an XM radio system in my Deville. I found a power source from the light in the ashtray and a ground in the back of the radio (a black wire) Anyways I got it all hooked up and when i was driving around I realized that none of the Buttons on the dash light up, or the lights on the dials etc on the radio do either. The power window buttons on the doors light up though. Anyways So i took everyhting back out and hooked it up the way it was and they still dont work, the only thing that i noticed was that the light bulb in the ash tray is burnt out, Im hoping that that completes some type of circuit and thats why everyhting is not lighting up???
By the way the Radio does work fine and everything else works fine just the buttons on the radio, dash, heater controls and the buttons on the steering wheel dont light up. Any suggestions or ideas?? I checked the fuses but there seemed to be nothing in there. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.