Cadillac Owners Forum banner

09 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
I have a 2009 Hybrid Escalade just bought about 2 months ago. It had a lot of miles 98,xxx when I bought it, and I knew I had a little mileage before the hybrid components warranty ran out (8yr, 100,000). Since then, I have only driven it 1000 miles and have seen a handful of problems:

1.). Under 14 miles per gallon city
2.). Engine idle at stops rather than battery power
3.). Snapping noise (almost sounds electrical) any time going from battery use to hybrid usually around 1-2 gear both accelerating and decelerating.
4.). Engine power rather than battery power in low gears (70/30)
5.). Exhaust or fan sound either while acceleration or remote start (dealership said it was oil pressure)
6.). Stalled twice engine light on

I have taken it back to the dealership twice and will be bringing it back again soon. 1st time they explain to me that everything look fine, but it was in safe mode because someone jumped it (?????). That was why the mileage was down (14 city/21 hwy). After driving another 400 miles I began to see lower battery usage and the same city miles (14 city/21 hwy). 2nd visit to the dealership and they were a little stumped and told me they have to wait for their engineer. I have already filled a case number with Cadillac and just want a solution.

Thanks,
Daniel

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello Daniel,

I apologize that you are experiencing these concerns with your Escalade and I am glad to hear that you have already spoken with one of our phone agents to create a file. I would be happy to review your file if you were to private message me with your VIN and case number, but your agent that you are working with currently would be in the best position to assist you at this time. If you have any trouble getting in contact with your agent or your dealership, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us as well and we can look further into the situation on your behalf. I will be sure to look for your future messages. Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to us.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.