Cadillac Owners Forum banner
6K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
OK part of the thrill was I was able to do it myself. Been a long time since I took on anything like this. The instructions and pictures from B&M are excellent, but you must read and follow them closely. There were some difficult moments that I attribute to my own ignorance, but I was able to deal with it. It just took longer than expected. Let me know if you're interested in more detail. I'll do a write up and see if Reed will post on FAQ. Experienced mechanincs will have a good laugh.

The results... WOW! See the other recent B&M install threads. I echo all those positive comments. Sharp, precise, solid shifting. Noise? Yes, a little at the shift points when you can hear the sychros disengage-engage. I consider this a plus. It's only momentary and could help diagnose a synchro problem. You can hear other gear sounds more clearly but they are only slightly raised above the stock shifter level. All the noise issues are minor, minor, minor compared to the benefit.

And I must give credit to Cadillac engineers. Inspecting and comparing the two units I understand why they designed the stock shifter as they did and what they accomlished with it. It is not a POS. It simply traded the more positive, mechanical (almost aggressively so) feel of the B&M design, for an ultra quiet, easy operation that "every driver" would find acceptable, even "fun". I'll let the "Market-eers" argue whether "every driver" is a demographic that would consider a V at all. As for me, combined with the StealthV CAGS Emlininator, this is exactly the way I want my car to shift.

See less See more
#27 ·
calicadi said:
I got mine from Racerwheel.com. List was $214. They had a special in July, $20 off. That covered the shipping, so with tax, bottm line was $230.33. Check around the web. eBay, etc, you may find a better deal. Part number is 45067. Good luck!
Ebay has three on there right now. I believe 2 were under $200 shipped. I still have mine in the box with my two tone shifter boot. Hoping my new dealer will install it for me.

#29 ·
I was going to get PISINUOFF's mod'd stock one, it was going to be a Christmas gift this past year...so I needed a legit place for my parents to buy a shifter. (sounds like I'm a kid again asking Santa) I found a B&M at Atlantic Speed, but the link to it appears to have been closed. Try calling and see where their stock went because they claimed to have a few.

#31 ·
+1 for pisnuoff's shifter. It's awesome and doesn't transmit any noise or vibrations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.