Cadillac Owners Forum banner

First significant snow in buffalo!

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Stevo Supremo 
#1 ·
I am pleased to report my 3.6 awd with Dunlop winter maxx was flawless. 4-5 inches in the buffalo south towns of snow/slush mix and grip was awesome...no problems at all.

#4 ·
Anyone drive on snow with the performance summer tires? I don't get a lot of snow where I live, but we do get some. It would not be worth it for me to buy winter tires for the amount of snow we get. I imagine that I will just leave the car in the garage when it snows and let my wife drop me off at work.

#5 ·
Bad, bad idea. 2 years ago we had that freak October snow storm in the Northeast. I still had my summers on my Legacy, since the AX season wasn't over. I made it home from work, but it was squirrely. There was hardly a coating on the road.

Winter tires are not only for handling frozen precipitation. As the temperature drops, so will the performance of summers. I've ran Star Specs in temps as low as ~37F and they were still relatively grippy, but it was bone dry.

#11 ·
I'm that idiot with the 18" staggered wheels and the summer tires in the snow. We just had snow flurries in SE Michigan, a light dusting, like 1/4" accumulation. Traction control came on briefly, maybe twice driving home through it. Was actually surprised at how uneventful it was.

My winter tires finally got to Costco today, and my winter wheels are sitting in my garage. Probably won't get everything installed until Monday due to the holiday.

#14 ·
Glad everyone is having fun in the snow! We had another foot or so in the last few days and man am I happy....gun it in snow and it just goes! Amazing the difference with snow tires. I've religiously run blizzaks for many years, but these dunlops seem just as good! I do a lot of driving south of buffalo in the "snow belt" near several ski resorts where we can get a couple feet of snow in an instant and so far, not an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.