Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Fraggy 
#1 ·
I am having an issue with keeping my tire pressure on my car. Today it started showing both back tires were at 31, so I pulled over and put air in them and checked the pressure - well, the car still showed the tires low and the system was alternating from one rear tire to the other indicating 31 and 32 pounds then the low tire pressure light came on. I exited the freeway again and checked the pressure and they were still at 40! What gives? Do the sensors go out? I HATE warning lights showing up on my dashboard!
Thanks!

#5 ·
I routinely check (tire gauge) my tires and fill (portable air pump) them as needed. I do 35 psi all around. OnStar notified me that the psi was below 32 psi on two tires (also showing low in the DIC), but when I checked them they were at 35 psi. So to be sure that I maintained the psi I wanted, I filled them to 36 psi all around. Now the DIC reads 37-38 psi. So, who's more accurate, my gauge or the DIC?

#6 ·
I think that there is probably a 'margin for error' in both the tire pressure sensors on the car, as well as a tire pressure gauge; I find that the sensor read-outs are pretty much in line with my own tire pressure gauge. Both are
approximate readings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.