Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  kcnewell 
#1 ·
what do you think of "The Blade" or the "Origional California Water Blade"? I've never been pleasesd with Chamois and usually use compressed air to dry the car

See less See more
#3 ·
Ive always wondered how those work. Do they conform to the contours of the car?

#4 ·
It looks like they work good I'm just hope it don't scratch

#5 ·
elwesso said:
Ive always wondered how those work. Do they conform to the contours of the car?
To some extent they do. They're most efficient on flat areas such as hood, trunk, roof, sides, and glass. However, they're very soft and pliable and you can get *most* of the water drops off all areas making the chamois or towel work go much faster.

#7 ·
like implants? :D

what about streaks like you sometimes get on glass with other squeegies ... umm(sp?) :D

#8 ·
Dead Sled said:
like implants? :D

what about streaks like you sometimes get on glass with other squeegies ... umm(sp?) :D
Yeah, just like fake titties :bouncy: :bouncy:. Not. Or more accurately, not anymore.

You spelling on squeegies is correct :) .

If you make sure the blade edges are clean, and use a steady, even pressure, there are rarely any streaks if ever.

Attachments

#9 ·
good to know, thanks

squeegie is a funny word, can't believe me spelled it right

#11 ·
DOH! :D lol what lanugage is it any way? and whats the origin?

so the verb form would be squeege on squeegying.

I though about gettin one through Summit

#13 ·
Cedar Rapids has like three wally worlds :D I guess I've never noticed them there.

Attachments

#14 ·
I've used one quite a few times....They work really well and you do have to towel dry afterwords but it really makes it easier!

#15 ·
I couldn't even wash a car anymore with out one of these. I work at a body shop and rental car place and detail alot of cars. If you know how to use it, you do not even really need a chamois. They don't even scratch fresh black paint.

#16 ·
They work pretty good. If I happen to use one, I do to get most of the water off very quickly. It's great for that. But, I still run a cloth over the car... It does save lots of time. However, I did have one complaint and I just can't remember what it was.. Anybody else have any complaints? Maybe it'll ring a bell for me...

#17 ·
I may have to make an investment in one. It would definitely reduce the amount of towels i have to use.

#18 ·
I got one of those silly cone jobs for a gift. I don't use it, don't have to! Maybe because of all the S-100 I have on the car. I rinse it without a nozzle on the hose, and the water just pulls itself off. I rinse it so it's wet all over the panel, and like I said, the water seems to pull itself off. I can get by with just a hand towel. Are you guys blasting it with a nozzle???

#19 ·
No nozzle....Works just the way you say. When the wax starts gettin' old I use the blade! Then a towel till I get the ambition to wax again!

#20 ·
These might not scratch when they are new... but after a few uses if they aren't taken care of they will start micro marring the surface. That said i have one, and use it, but only when i'm drying a car i'm prepping to do a big job on. if i am going to be removing swirls anyway then a little marring doesn't matter, though once a car is detailed there is no need for one of these. With the right hose technique you can dry a car about 95% if it has a coat of wax.

#21 ·
True! I take very good care of the thing and only use it occasionally. I always wondered what could happen if it got damaged in any way. The other thing I'm not to nuts about are those "California Car Dusters" I can't help but think that dragging all that dust across the finish can't be good for it!

#22 ·
actually, the dusters (CCD) work very well if they are taken care of. The main thing is to follow the instructions and let it sit on newspaper for 3-4 days when you get it new. Other than that it really does work better the dirtier it gets. A guy did a test with a really used one, with very high powered lights and a really good camera, and concluded that it doesn't scratch the surface. There are some products that seem to go against all that makes sense, but the results speak for themselfs. There is a product out there that you use to wash your car but don't need to rinse. The whol carwash phase, without the hose, sounds like it doesn't work, but it does... and very well at that.

#23 ·
So if you use the water blade a lot, you have to get a new one. What do you define as "taking care of it"

#24 ·
Originally posted by Dr. Jones These might not scratch when they are new... but after a few uses if they aren't taken care of they will start micro marring the surface.
Well, isn't this true for any detailing tools - sponges, wash mitts, brushes, chamois, towels, waxing pads, clay bars, etc.?

#25 ·
Yes it is true! if you don't take care of your tools they will not work the way they were intended to. If you let them get dirty or gritty they will scratch or dull the finish. A friend of mine once dropped the sponge that he was using to wash his car with on the ground, picked it up and started washing again without even looking at the thing. Oh! what a surprise! he scratched his car with a small piece of grit that stuck to the sponge even though he dipped it in the wash bucket and squeezed it out!

#26 ·
still, what do you define as taking care of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.