Cadillac Owners Forum banner

SRX Power seat stopped working

40K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  Julia.Bair 
#1 ·
The driver's power seat on my 2008 SRX stopped working. If I press up/down, forward/reverse or the lumbar switches the seat will move about an 1/8 of an inch and stop. I think I hear a click as the seat stops moving. It sounds like the circuit breaker is tripping. If I wait 5 or 10 seconds, it will do the same thing. The passenger seat works fine.
I checked the wiring under the seat and everything looks fine.
What should I check next?

Rich

#2 ·
Hello Richj,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your SRX’s power seat. I see that you are looking for advice from the community in regards to addressing the concern yourself. If you do plan on taking your vehicle to the dealership if you are unable to address the situation, please feel free to private message me and I would be more than happy to assist you in working with the dealership. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

#6 ·
I ran another test. I had my wife push the passenger seat switch forward while I pushed the driver seat switch. Her seat did not stop. Since there is only one fuse that feeds both seats, the fuse does not seem to be the problem.
Could the power seat module cause symptoms like this?

#9 ·
Problem could be in module, get a reading for DTCs, there's a bunch for seat malfunctions.

#12 ·
Each time you press any of the seat switches, the seat will move the direction you push it but only about 1/8 of an inch.

Pushing any switch only moves the seat in that path either up/down forward/back etc.

You can walk the seat in any direction but you have to wait about 5 seconds after each push and then push it again.

Is there a way to get codes on the information center like there was on my 93 Eldo or do I have to get a scanner?

----------

BTW, I tried pushing the memory seat switch and it moves the seat in 1/8 " increments to like it is trying to get the seat into the memory position.

#14 ·
Richj, most chain parts stores will read codes for you, NC.

#15 ·
It was the set module. I replaced it and the seats work fine. However, the heated seats don't work correctly. The driver seat bottom warms up, the back does not. It turns off after few minutes. The passenger seat heater switch lights up for about 1 minute then shuts off. The passenger seat does not heat up.
I checked all of the connections and they seem ok.
Does the module need to be programmed by the dealer?

#16 ·
No programming.

#18 ·
Units-6
Therms.-850-1150

#19 ·
I finally got a chance to check the resistances.
Heaters 6.6 to 6.8
Thermisters 11.6k to 12.6k.
So, the heaters seem ok. I am beginning to think that the replacement module might be defective as far as the seat heating portion are concerned?

#20 ·
Sounds like it. Where'd you get the module?

#22 ·
First, I'd check out all the grounds involved since the module uses ground to activate any function.

#23 ·
I checked the grounds and they seem ok. I am considering replacing the module. I went to several online sites and got different part numbers. Some sites say one part, another site says another. The original part on my SRX was 25866843. I now have 25855630. The sites also list 25862038 and 25857034. My VIN is 1gyee437280134179 if that helps.
Which part number is correct?

#24 ·
Can't help on part #. Why not ask a dealer. Simple phone call.

#25 ·
I checked with the dealer and I have the correct module.
I finally go access to a Tech2 and got these 2 dtc's
B3921, Seat motors common short to battery
B2890. I have not been able to find a definition for this one.

What should I check for next?

#26 ·
If you have a test lamp and a DMM you can run the diagnostic sequence for 3921 and either find the short or determine if the MSM is good. PM me your email if you want to proceed.

#28 ·
The switch inside of the seat may be faulty. The exact same thing happened to mine..underneath the buttons you move to move the seat is a switch with these thin little pieces that slide back and forth in-between two pieces of thin metal. Both sides have to be able to slide freely. Once I popped that out from behind my seat it worked with no problem. So I took it apart and the little tiny tabs inside were bent just enough that they couldn't slide when they were behind the seat..replaced that piece and put it back under and it works fine now. 2011 Cadillac SRX. It's the power seat switch drivers side. Around 50$ to replace.