Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Any Pics of the 2014 19" Wheels Options?

19K views 49 replies 5 participants last post by  Mtscustoms 
#1 ·
Curious what these new 19" optional dealer installed wheels look like.

Also, sure wish they'd dump that gold tint white and replace it with a pure white.

I have no idea who is picking the colors for this car. Purple and Brown. Ok..

////////////////////////////

2014 CADILLAC ATS

New for 2014:

• Intellibeam® automatic high-beam control added to Driver Awareness and Driver Assist packages
• 110-volt power outlet added to rear of the center console on models with CUE and Navigation package
• Frameless inside rearview mirror
• Leather-wrapped, larger-diameter sport steering wheel included on models with steering wheel paddle shift controls
• Exterior colors: Phantom Gray Metallic, Mocha Steel Metallic, Majestic Plum Metallic and Red Obsession Tintcoat
• Dealer-available accessories: aluminum sport pedal set, 19-inch ultra-bright machined-finish aluminum wheels, 19-inch Manoogian premium painted wheels, 19-inch gloss black aluminum wheels, 19-inch Y-rated summer tires, black chrome-accented sport grille and black chrome rear applique trim

2014 CADILLAC ATS CHALLENGES THE WORLD’S BEST COMPACT LUXURY CARS

The Cadillac ATS compact luxury sports sedan challenges the world’s best premium cars with an acclaimed balance of performance and refinement, wrapped in a progressive expression of Cadillac’s Art & Science design philosophy.

With one of the lowest curb weights in the segment – nearly 3,300 pounds (1,497 kg) – the ATS’s driving dynamics are rooted in mass efficiency, which helps make it Cadillac’s lightest and most agile sedan. Germany’s famed Nürburgring served as one of the key testing grounds, along with additional roads, race tracks and laboratories around the globe, where ATS engineers balanced performance with Cadillac’s trademark refinement.

Contributing components and features include:
• 50/50 weight balance
• Cadillac’s first five-link independent rear suspension using lightweight, high-strength steel and efficient straight link designs
• A multi-link double-pivot MacPherson-strut front suspension with direct-acting stabilizer bar
• Driver-adjustable FE3 sport suspension with Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping
• Underbody aerodynamic shields
• Premium (belt driven) electric variable-effort steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
• Four-channel ABS with available Brembo performance brakes
• Available all-wheel drive.

The ATS is offered as a well-equipped standard model and in Luxury, Performance and Premium Collections. A broad lineup of engines – including two four-cylinders and a V-6 for North America – delivers strong power to the ATS and capitalizes on the car’s lightweight and rigid structure to complement its performance with efficiency. The optional engines include Cadillac’s award-winning 2.0L Turbo, rated at 272 horsepower (203 kW) and 3.6L V-6, rated at 321 horsepower (239 kW).

New and revised features for 2014 include:
• Intellibeam automatic high-beam control added to Driver Awareness and Driver Assist packages
• 110-volt power outlet added to rear of the center console on models with CUE and Navigation package
• Frameless inside rearview mirror
• Leather-wrapped, larger-diameter sport steering wheel included on models with steering wheel paddle shift controls.

Four new exterior colors are offered, as well: Phantom Gray Metallic, Mocha Steel Metallic, Majestic Plum Metallic and Red Obsession Tintcoat, along with a larger collection of dealer-available accessories, including: an aluminum sport pedal set, 19-inch ultra-bright machined-finish aluminum wheels, 19-inch Manoogian premium painted wheels, 19-inch gloss black aluminum wheels, 19-inch Y-rated summer tires, black chrome-accented sport grille and black chrome rear applique trim.

The accessories can be ordered and installed where the vehicle is purchased and their cost rolled into the ATS’s monthly payments, for more convenient personalization.

See less See more
#5 ·
Ben, Have you seen the chrome ones on SxyDivva' ATS. I like the 5/10 spoke pattern. I agree that 18" is about right on the ATS along with what should be a better ride than the 19". As for black chrome, not for me but I like seeing all the different looks that appeal to others which are pretty darn cool. I like to keep my cars pretty stock because a lot of engineering and design went into it by GM to make it appealing which is what attracted me to the ATS to begin with.

#9 · (Edited)
I have 17" painted aluminum rims. I am not fond of them, but they don't disgust me either. I think "neutral" is a very good adjective to describe them! I would like to see more attractive rims on a luxury car! I like the 18" premium rims that come standard with premium trim. I believe they are machined-finish aluminum rims, right? I am going to assume you have these rims on your car. How do you like them? 18" sound right for this car. 17" doesn't look awfully small, but I think 19" rims look too big.

As a side question, which of these of rims are easier to fix? Dings and curb damage will happen, no matter how careful we drive!

----------

Ben...here are a couple pics of my 18" chrome Vogue rims on my 2014 ATS. 19"was just too big for me! I love my 18"! :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I like your rims! They are the right size, and they look very attractive! I might have one comment about them, if you don't mind! :D These shiny and attractive rims might distract the observer from observing and noticing the beauty of the car itself! When I look at the pics, first I see the rims, and then I notice the car. Does this make sense? But I should mention that I am a very particular person and I have very conservative taste! So please don't take my comment too serious! :p Anyway, very beautiful car, and very beautiful rims! Where did you get the rims?

#13 ·
I would prefer 17" for the reason you stated but the style of the stock 17" pushed me to the 18". By today’s standards (visual/style) the 17" look small, shows how much things have changed my first BMW had 14" mags and I thought they were sweet because sporting hub caps was the norm.

#18 ·
Know what annoys the heck out of me that they just could not apparently do on the 13's but did on the 14's.. The center display can have your digital speed which is easily double the size of the digital speed being on the side displays if not even bigger. Yes it is just a little thing but man it annoys me that I cannot have that on my 2013. Half the time I cant even see the tiny digital speedometer on the side of the display.

#20 ·
I just happened upon the 2014 ATS specs on the Cadillac website but they only came up when I did a search: http://www.cadillac.com/ats-luxury-sport-sedan/features-specs/models.html

Just a small summary of what I notice when you build one:

When you build one, the selection options start different since they make you select the engine first then the trim next instead of a big list of everything. The exterior colors are there plus new paint colors which btw, these colors look more accurate to what they really look like and interior color options have updated image icons and some of the dealer install options appear on the vehicle whereas they did not before like the front license plate cover and rear spoiler. The packages are organized differently, too. The interior has the thicker steering wheel (can't see the frameless rear view mirror in the 360 view) so likely this is the 2014.

#21 ·
another point....you are correct regarding the rotating mass of the larger wheel being harder to accelerate and decelerate. this is overcome by several factors:

1) the 2.0T and 3.6 have enough power to spin either tire at which point acceleration is lost to wheelspin, the tire with the larger contact patch has a harder time spinning the wheel due to increased mechanical grip, this then results in more engine power being transferred to the ground

2) overall performance is not just acceleration and the shorter sidewall has an improved effect on cornering by having less sidewall to flex, and also helps maintain the shape of the contact patch

3) like in example 1 rotational mass makes it harder to decelerate the wheels because more rotating mass is akin to a bigger flywheel, however also as in example 1 the brakes have ample power to skid the tires at will thus making the higher mechanical grip of the increased contact patch more of a factor leading to a shorter braking distance.

#29 ·
According to the configurator, there is no longer a credit for the manual transmission in the 2.0 T. This amounted to a savings of about $1600 on my '13 Premium. I hope this is an error on the site, as there is no price listed for the cold weather package, and then it adds $600 to the total anyway.

#33 · (Edited)

They only thing that sucks, they aren't technically an option, there an add-on accesory from dealer. Therefore they try banging you for $4500 for set. You can have them on your car and figured into price, but it can be done with centercaps (sold sep) TPMS (sold sep) mount and balance with a quality tire for $3k (Michelin/Bridgestone)

#37 ·
So I bought my 2013 ATS a couple weeks ago and was pretty much decided on the OEM 19" split spoke wheels, but had been back and forth with those and 18" performance replicas because of the price(I am a deal for OEWheels LLC). The last time I spoke with my rep at OEwheels, he told be about a chrome CTS Vsport wheel they have coming for the ATS, but it wasn't out yet. So today I decided to give them a call and see if those Vsport wheels were available. They weren't, but he told me he just got a bunch of OEM take offs, fronts only, from brand new ATS's. He sent me a pic and gave me a super smokin price, and I bought them. My car is in the dealer for a blown engine, so I can put them on for a few weeks but I will report back when I can.

#42 ·
yeah im curious how much? i might be interested too
Since I am a dealer for them, I cannot say what I paid, but let just say it was nearly buy one, get 3 free. They said they had 36 more wheels, and when I called back 20 mins later to buy them all, they were gone.

----------

Are bolt patterns of the CTS V-Sport and ATS the same? I thought they were different.
I think they are different with the CTS V-Sport at 120
ATS is 5x115. CTS V-Sport is 5x120. OE Wheels makes an 18" V-sport replica, in chrome, that is 5x115.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.