Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Growl noise... Need Help.. PLEASE

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  the cadillac man 
#1 ·
I need help..

When I have the AC on and get on the gas there is a loud growling noise coming from the front end and a vibration on the floor board that would make you think the eng is coming to fall out. If I turn the AC off the problem is gone. I have had the whole AC unit replaced. I just had a new Crate trans installed and the problem is still there.

Any idea??

Thanks

#2 ·
trapshooter40 said:
I need help..

When I have the AC on and get on the gas there is a loud growling noise coming from the front end and a vibration on the floor board that would make you think the eng is coming to fall out. If I turn the AC off the problem is gone. I have had the whole AC unit replaced. I just had a new Crate trans installed and the problem is still there.

Any idea??

Thanks
Sounds like the tensioner needs replacing most shops don't replace it when doing service

Watch the belt tensioner when the engine is running if it jumps around then the tensioner is weak and is most likely worn out

I went through this myself back of this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.