Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Playing music through bluetooth

22K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've got an '05 STS with N* & I put in the nav unit a few months ago, it has been great love havin it............however - I don't use cd's anymore, and I'm wondering if there is any way to play music from my phone through the bluetooth connection, and if not, what is the next best option?

#2 ·
Ok, so Bluetooth music streaming isn't possible, that protocol didn't exist when the NAV was built...Now, since it sounds like you added your NAV you probably don't have the aux input in the center console either (that was the next option) you'll need to look into aftermarket aux input modules, pac audio probably makes one I'm sure.

#9 ·
Kennyw418 said:
I have factory nav - how do I get the music from my Razr Maxx to play
through the radio? Thank You, Kenny
The easiest way is to use the aux input in the center console. Buy a 3.5mm to RCA cable, plug the 3.5 into the phones headphone jack, plug red/white RCA's into the aux inputs, press the aux button on the console, press the video soft button on the screen...enjoy!

#12 ·
The uPAC-STS is a device made by PAC Audio that is outdated and has been replaced by a newer version from the same company for the same price.
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=669&CategoryID=22
Compatibility Notes
IMPORTANT NOTICE!

This product is not compatible with iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 4 (6-21-10).

Vehicle MUST be either equipped with, or have the ability to support Satellite Radio
Non-Navigation radios require dipswitch two to be on
Adding HD Radio requires the purchase of the HDRT (sold separately)
Adding Satellite Radio requires the purchase of the uPAC-SIRCBL & an SCC1 tuner (both sold separately)

Product Revision History
Current Revision #: 1.3.778b Description: Adds 2010 & 2011 applications & improves general functionality
Revision #: 1.3.723b Description: Universal File
Revision #: 1.3.670b Description: Adds iPhone & iTouch 3.0 Operating System Compatibility
Revision #: 1.3.637b Description: Adds SCC1 Satellite Radio Support & Compatibility for 2009 Navigation Radios

It has been superseded by the iSimple Audio Gateway:
ISGM-574
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=906&CategoryID=36

Compatibility Notes
Vehicle MUST be either equipped with, or have the ability to support Satellite Radio
HD Radio support requires the purchase of the HDRT (sold separately)
Aftermarket Satellite Radio support requires the purchase of the ISSR11 & an SCC1 tuner (both sold separately, Canadian SCC-1C is not supported)

Product Revision History
Current Revision #: .817b Description: Universal File
Revision #: .816b Description: Universal File
Revision #: 1.5.788b Description: Fixes issues seen with iOS 4.1
Revision #: 1.5.778b Description: Improves General Functionality
Revision #: 1.5.723b Description: Initial Release

#14 ·
^^ which is basically the same as the ISGM-574 but comes with 2 universal cables rather than 1 universal and 1 30-pin dock for iPod.

I've run the 574 and the nu-STS (lockpick) and yeah there are a lot of wires but its doable.

What would be helpful is a harness to extend all 4? of the radio connectors cables into the dead space to the right of the NAV so they can be more easily installed.

#16 ·
Correct, no album art but allows for some basic controlling of the iPod/iPhone via the NAV touchscreen and tune knob and will display Track and Artist info on the display with optional time display for track duration.
Any of the AUX inputs that tap into XM source allow for full usage of the available DSP settings compared to the RCA style AUX input that doesn't allow all DSP settings.

#20 ·
Mine cycles through 4 choices but I only have 2 connected & 2 unused. Maybe they wouldn't work but they are in the list. There's another jack with enough connectors. The doc says there's just 2. Who knows?

If I can think of something to hook up, I'll do it and post results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.