Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Dissapointed kind of on dyno results any input?/

9K views 61 replies 15 participants last post by  ChurchSTSV 
#1 ·
So had my 06 sts-v taken to dyno shop to be dynoed and tuned now was a mustang dyno and he said it reads low but he told me it put down 270 on the ground and car has magnaflow mufflers and resonator along with stage 1 and 2 spectre intake. Said after he got done tuning it put down 330 on ground along with putting shift tables out of a 13 vette for better shift response anybody kind of ran into same issue i figured numbers would have been way higher stock lol

#5 ·
I ran on a mustang dyno then the following week on a dynojet and it was a 34hp difference between the two. you are putting way to much on the number and not what a dyno is. a dyno is used as a tool to tune your car and make it all things are good in a controlled environment. if you saw a 50+hp gain from only a tune, your doing more than great.

#7 ·
The biggest indicator that something isn't right is the 60rwhp gain from a tune. That is not possible. Go somewhere else to verify that the tune he put on there is decent and to get another set of numbers. Your car should make the 360-380 that was previously mentioned and it should pick up 15-20rwhp with a tune. There aren't that many factors that affect wide open throttle. Timing and air/fuel ratio. That's it. Both would have to be way, way off to pick up that much power.

#8 ·
Yea they were doing some thing with the dyno to pick up that much. My 06 stock made 368. Last weekend the new owner dynoed it and it made 389 with a tune no cats magnaflow x-pipe and mufflers. And the custom intake. with 100k now on it. And no before any one asks I have yet to put the 08 on the dyno but It just out runs the 06 so the 412 I was told it makes might be right. But any way you should go to some one else for tuning and a deferent dyno. I hope the did not charge you much.

#9 ·
yea well after driving the car it def felt way better it was about a 100% humid day with it about 90 degrees too so sure it had a lot of influence but car def feels way stronger than before i may take it to another shop see if number vary long as its hauling ass i'm happy lol

----------

thanks for all the input def kind of figured i would have been dissapointed with numbers most ppl are when they find it what their car acutally put down just didn't think mind would have been that low hahaha but seat of pants horse power feels strong as hell car will grenade tires now until i let off guy that did tuning said air to fuel was rich as hell which i figured i had d3 module installed before i took to him but unhooked before i took up to the shop i wish i would have left module on and let him do a run on dyno just to see what diffence the tuner module did and just a stock run with it unhooked. i got the module on here posted for sale if anybody is interested in it lol

#27 ·
so follow up on dyno/tune raced buddy of mine that has a bone stock 06 bmw 550i raced him before had tune and he got me by about 2.5 cars, after tune last night did two runs and got him by a half a car or so. i figured pretty good improvement from what it was before. still amazes me how fast a stock 550 is lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.