Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Photoshoot: CTS-V Sedan on Velgen VMB5 Wheels!

13K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Paul@HoweyIndustries 
#1 ·
CADILLAC CTS V LOWERED ON VELGEN VMB5 WHEELS

Sponsored BY

See less See more
#3 ·
We should have them in about 60 days :D

I will keep everyone posted

#5 ·
The Wagon has the same offsets as the Sedan. We have the fitment for your Wagon in-stock!

#7 ·
Not at this time. All of our CTS-V owners have had some sort of lowering done to the vehicle.

#13 ·
Thank you for the awesome feedback! I will definitely let our photographer know that his work was appreciated :D

#16 ·
Thank you for the awesome feedback!

----------

wow those wheels are the first aftermarket wheels I've seen on a V that I really like
Glad you like them, let me know if you have any questions :)

#17 ·
great looking V man!!! ive tried really looking at the grille you have. What color black is it? it doesnt quite look matte, but not that shiny either.

mind helping out with what kind of black paint color you went with? that front end looks bad ass / super aggressive!!!

#19 ·
#21 ·
I'm happy you like them! I can't wait to see them installed :)

The base of the matte gunmetal has a blue gray powder. There is a little "blue" tint to the gray but Velgen went with this over standard gray to give more depth to the finish. Depending on the lighting, the wheels have a dark gray appearance and in bright light, the hint of blue shows up in the highlights.

#22 ·
The color is totally unique and now I see it on the car, I love it more. I gotta say tho, I'm not lowered at all and I rub if my two kids are in the back seat. I know I'm running a 285/35-20 & not a 30, but didn't expect it to be an issue. You may wanna let others know...

#23 ·
Glad you like the wheels! Would love to see pics :)

I apologize if there was a miscommunication on my end, the tires we recommend with this setup are either 285/30 or 295/30. The 285/35 is 27.9" OD, which is nearly 1" larger than stock diameter.

#24 ·
I could be wrong, but on my sedan, the rims themselves are actually out beyond the body edge. That being said, even on a 30 series, they would prob rub. I can't see how a lowered car doesn't. I am on a factory spec alignment, what is that car using? Sorry, but after a 600 mile road trip yesterday with only my wife and a 6 year old in the rear seat, I am appalled with how much they were beating up my fenders.

#25 ·
If you utilize a tire that brings the overall diameter to 28", you will most likely rub under load with a 10.5" or 11" wide wheel. A 27" overall diameter will tuck when the suspension retracts. The additional 1" is why you are rubbing. The wheels are attempting to tuck but the fenders are striking the additional tire. There are others that have experienced the same issue with various other wheels on this board when running an oversized tire.

The V in this thread is lowered on KW Coilovers and is dropped further than most of our customer's cars. We have quite a few V's with these wheels installed with the correct tire and no rubbing issues. Please send me images of your setup to paul@howeyindustries.com so I can help further.

Thanks,

Paul

#27 ·
I just wanted to update this thread in order to provide additional information for the benefit of other members. After reviewing the images of Purevil's Sedan, the suspension is definitely lower than normal stock ride height. This combined with the oversized tire will cause rubbing under load. At this point, we are not sure why this particular Sedan is lower than typical stock suspension setup.

We always strive to provide the best recommendations based on the information that is provided to us at the time of order. If anyone is concerned about their current setup having fitment issues, please email me directly.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.