--------------------------------------------Well, i took a look at the car today. I took a lot of pictures. The outside of the car is in a bit of a rough condition, lots of scratches and stuff, but nothing unfixable. on the inside the car is in really good condition, it most certainly needs to be cleaned though. Unfortunately i've noticed the following defects:
- "AC SERVICE" Lamp is glowing, Air Conditioning does not turn on. There's also a strange modification to the entire climate system: The previous owner installed a flipswitch in the glove box where you can turn the ventilation completely on and off. according to the dealer this was installed because the ventilation "drains the battery too fast". I don't quite get this... When the switch is turned on, ventilation works normally apart from the non functioning AC. I guess there's no way to check if it simply needs a refill or if the compressor is gone...
- "SERVICE SSS" lamp is glowing. (The Speed-Sensitive-Steering) Steering was fine during a test ride, yet did not seem to adjust to speed. I guess it's stuck at a default setting. Or could this be a hidden suspension issue?
- Power pull down trunk motor isn't working (according to the dealer it is a new motor but not wired correctly) - i don't quite care about that...
- The right fender has a 5 inch long crack in it. As the fender is completely made out of plastic i guess i could simply glue this back together?
- The factory radio is gone and someone has seriously messed up the wires I was unable to locate the Bose AMP - or isn't there one?
- The engine was running very uneasy while the car was idle on the parking lot (please see video)
- There was some serious noise coming from the bottom of the car, i guess the exhaust system is somehow messed up (please listen to the video)
Normally i would walk away here. But the price is REALLY good. I'd be willing to invest ~1500-2000 bucks into this car but i am very unsure if it's really worth it. I see two major problems:
- Air Conditioning
- Rumbling Noises & uneasy engine
Could you please give me your thoughts about repairing those systems and what kind of price range we are talking about here? The car seems to be a somewhat hot item, the dealer showed me the stats from the auto-trading website, there are tons of interested parties
Video of the rumbling noise
Video of the unsteady engine
Images (all are high res, please right-click and use 'Display Image' [firefox] to get the full size image)
What's that plastic Stuff all the wires go to? Is this by design?
Engine - any idea about the yellow grease on the alternator?:
Trunk with a Pioneer Radio:
Cockpit with wires... ahh^^
Rear Seats in great condition, unfortunately no cup holders
"There, I've fixed it...." That's one hell of a way to replace a broken rear view mirror...
...and DEEP Scratches (i guess i'd have to do some bondo magic...)
...and some more (rear bumper)
The Crack in the right fender
A look at the Car (The Sebring's mine btw)
Sooo... what do you guys think?
the body work wouldn't bother me -
all that KUSTOM HACKERY scares the CRAP out of me -
keep looking - you WILL find the RIGHT car -
THIS one just isn't it -