Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92

Thread: What have you all done to your CTS?

  1. #31
    DavidBoren's Avatar
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Age
    31
    Posts
    518

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    BlueHaze,
    I like what you have done. I am planning on stuffing the Vee springs/sways/shocks under my car, as well as H-piping a Vee exhaust. How does all that treat you?


  2. #32
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    I have rear V shocks sitting waiting to get installed, I just haven't felt like doing the MM mod but they are ALOT beefier than ours. The H pipe also gives you a bit of a growl from the v exhaust. I have it done and love it. Its kind of crackely for me in the mid range but there's no drone and it comes alive when your on it.

  3. #33
    DavidBoren's Avatar
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Age
    31
    Posts
    518

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    I am really hoping that the mid-range of the H-pipe exhaust will compliment the mid-range drone of the Volant CAI. If those two things line up, as in if the exhaust tone is most noticeable around the 2,000rpm area, then perfect.

    But I will nix the H-pipe entirely if it makes my car sound rice. I will not stand for that at all.

  4. #34
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    It doesn't sound rice at all. at 2k mines pretty deep. I've been told it sounds v8 ish on the outside..

    Here's a video of some friends and I. If you go to 5:40 you can hear me launch and then a little after that there are 2 drive bys.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB9RVcRMgCw

  5. #35
    DavidBoren's Avatar
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Age
    31
    Posts
    518

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    Tlorenzen,
    I was looking around on the YouTubes, searching for CTS exhaust clips, and found another one of your videos...

    I like it. Thanks for posting such a thorough video.

  6. #36
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    1,504

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    You're welcome man. I want to get another video with a better camera, but I haven't felt like going and spending the money on one ha.

  7. #37
    Bluehaze07's Avatar
    Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen

    Hey is your v exhaust kind of crackely in the mid range too? Also nice idea with the led in the CAI...I may have to steal it. One more. Where/how much were your infinitys? I'm full of questions today...

    My VEE exhaust is not crackley at any RPM range as far as I can tell. I do have a cat that is cracked at the flange so, I probably can't tell. Go wild with the CAI LEDs. I made a lexan cover and then added the led on the inside. Here is a old cellphone pic. I changed it a bit.



    As for my infinity's...I bought my 2 12" Subs online on eBay. I brought the 4 channel amp used from craig'slist ( I think...) the mono amp I bought new off crutchfield. The Door infinity kappas I got from a member years ago. I still like my setup. I'm hitting 27htz before my subs bass drop off.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren
    BlueHaze,
    I like what you have done. I am planning on stuffing the Vee springs/sways/shocks under my car, as well as H-piping a Vee exhaust. How does all that treat you?
    Thanks! I LIKE the setup. I believe I will get better boy roll handling once I get a STB. The VEE exhaust is better Than my old setup. I had a Borla resonator and two dynonmax mufflers. My current setup is deeper at all rpm ranges. Little to no drone.

  8. #38
    DavidBoren's Avatar
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Age
    31
    Posts
    518

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    I am really looking forward to the H-pipe/Vee exhaust. I think it is exactly what Im looking for.

    And unless the OEM CTS-V suspension somehow adds to the existing body roll of the CTS-Jr, I would imagine that it is still an upgrade over stock. Putting that suspension in our cars is like reducing a Vee-car's weight by a quarter ton. And people would pay good money for that.

    What I really, REALLY wish, was that the Ultra Racing chassis braces fit the gen-one cars. Did D3 ever make braces for the V1? I would love for every damn empty bolt hole under my car to have a stiff-ass bar bolted between them, front to rear, side to side. I do not want to have to settle for just a STB.

  9. #39
    Bluehaze07's Avatar
    Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren
    I am really looking forward to the H-pipe/Vee exhaust. I think it is exactly what Im looking for.

    And unless the OEM CTS-V suspension somehow adds to the existing body roll of the CTS-Jr, I would imagine that it is still an upgrade over stock. Putting that suspension in our cars is like reducing a Vee-car's weight by a quarter ton. And people would pay good money for that.

    What I really, REALLY wish, was that the Ultra Racing chassis braces fit the gen-one cars. Did D3 ever make braces for the V1? I would love for every damn empty bolt hole under my car to have a stiff-ass bar bolted between them, front to rear, side to side. I do not want to have to settle for just a STB.
    I think the H pipe is the most popular on the forums these days. You won't be disappointed. That would be awesome if there was a brace kit for the V1. I'll drop a line to one of the D3 guys i follow.

    I have 20" wheels and a sound system so the weight of the car is higher i guess. The ride is good with the wheels on it. Its not too aggressive. Im just not happy with the amount of body roll i still get. My bushings/end-links might be bad and replacing that stuff will probably help. I still haven't confirmed which STB I need that wont need modification.

  10. #40
    =Javi='s Avatar
    =Javi= is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    205

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    so for this is what i have done
    20" boss rims
    tinted turn singles and side markers and grill emblem
    race modded tranny
    Louis Vuitton interior pillars
    1 amp and 1 sub
    windshield strobe lights
    hid fog lights
    tinted windows
    exhaust tips
    white brake calipers

    what i want to do still
    tint the windshield
    repaint it black with ice pearls
    drilled slotted rotors
    cai
    clear fog lights

  11. #41
    Teedoe's Avatar
    Teedoe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by =Javi=
    so for this is what i have done
    20" boss rims
    tinted turn singles and side markers and grill emblem
    race modded tranny
    Louis Vuitton interior pillars
    1 amp and 1 sub
    windshield strobe lights
    hid fog lights
    tinted windows
    exhaust tips
    white brake calipers

    what i want to do still
    tint the windshield
    repaint it black with ice pearls
    drilled slotted rotors
    cai
    clear fog lights
    Get us some pics my man

  12. #42
    =Javi='s Avatar
    =Javi= is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 cts
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    205

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teedoe View Post
    Get us some pics my man
    well do what do you want pic of

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,630

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    I am really hoping that the mid-range of the H-pipe exhaust will compliment the mid-range drone of the Volant CAI. If those two things line up, as in if the exhaust tone is most noticeable around the 2,000rpm area, then perfect.

    But I will nix the H-pipe entirely if it makes my car sound rice. I will not stand for that at all.
    What is your definition of rice? If its raspiness, there are stock Jaguars and Mercedes on the market right now with that.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehaze07 View Post
    My VEE exhaust is not crackley at any RPM range as far as I can tell.
    Thanks! I LIKE the setup. I believe I will get better boy roll handling once I get a STB. The VEE exhaust is better Than my old setup. I had a Borla resonator and two dynonmax mufflers. My current setup is deeper at all rpm ranges. Little to no drone.
    The V exhaust can get crackly just like the stock exhuast. Simply remove resonator and mufflers. Been there, done that. Also, have you noticed any hp drop from the V exhaust? Because of the V tubing diameter, it might not increase hp, and it might actually hurt hp. Dual 2.5" from the V is a massive jump over the dual 2" stock tubing. Dual 2.5" tubing is generally saved for bigger displacement engines, like 6L LS engines.

  14. #44
    DavidBoren's Avatar
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Age
    31
    Posts
    518

    Re: What have you all done to your CTS?

    I do not mind a little raspiness. I hate the pop-pop-pop that every damn Civic seems to have. It comes right after the dickhead driving said Civic accelerates really fast and then lets off the skinny pedal. BBBLLLLLLLAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!-pop-pop-pop...
    Gross.

    I was thinking about the Vee exhaust on the V6. Do torque numbers drop with the bigger pipes? I might just H-pipe the stock exhaust to get a little deeper tone.

  15. #45
    Bluehaze07's Avatar
    Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso
    ...The V exhaust can get crackly just like the stock exhuast. Simply remove resonator and mufflers. Been there, done that. Also, have you noticed any hp drop from the V exhaust? Because of the V tubing diameter, it might not increase hp, and it might actually hurt hp. Dual 2.5" from the V is a massive jump over the dual 2" stock tubing. Dual 2.5" tubing is generally saved for bigger displacement engines, like 6L LS engines.
    I haven't experienced any crackly sound from the VEE exhaust since the installation but I do have a CAT that needs repair. That probably affects my A$$ dyno.

    The 3.6 came with 2.25" exhaust stock so I cant see 1/4" increase causing much (if any) HP loss. I also have a volant and bigger wheels. I couldn't tell if there were any gains or losses in HP at this point. I would need a tune for the CAI and exhaust (to include other bolt ons) to see any gains in HP. Im ready to smoke my tires lol. All I need is a RX starter kit and my a$$ dyno.

    I mainly wanted a deeper sounding exhaust.

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren
    I was thinking about the Vee exhaust on the V6. Do torque numbers drop with the bigger pipes? I might just H-pipe the stock exhaust to get a little deeper tone.
    You may want to talk to tlorzen. I believe that he had a actual dyno done after he installed the RX super kit and his V exhaust with the H Pipe. .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum