Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: V bumper assembly

  1. #16
    jmarts_cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe w/Performance Luxury Package
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18

    Re: V bumper assembly

    Ok, I went and purchased the bumper kit. Now I just need an exact list of things I need to finish the job. I'm not familiar with the terminology so if anybody has a link or part number for each one, that would help a lot. Also, is it better to buy these parts at the dealer or are they available after-market?

    Thank you.

    ----------

    I found the diagram, this might be easier to identify the parts required. Can someone point out the parts I need please?

    Thank you.

    http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm


  2. #17
    is250sp's Avatar
    is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    659

    Re: V bumper assembly

    these are all the parts you need if you purchase the bumper cover only....

    fog lights #10335108
    brake cooling ducts #25796005, #25858812, #25796006
    fender liner front halves #25796003, #25796004
    fog light bezels #25863012, #25863013
    absorber #20782127
    lower bumper protector #25882978
    headlamp washer nozzle caps #25793667, #25793666

    contact Chris @ Rippy for best prices

  3. #18
    soku is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 AWD Radiant Silver CTS Coupe
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Any pics? I'd love to see real pics, "as installed" as opposed to stock pics from the vendor.

  4. #19
    ssrodder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS AWD, 1948 conv, 06 sts4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NE PA
    Posts
    28

    Re: V bumper assembly

    Finished my V conversion. Took more than three hours. Started Saturday at about 10:00 AM and closed the hood at 9:30 PM. Probably spent more time than necessary removing the stock CTS nose. I did have to cut off the two metal brackets as they came in contact with the brake ducts. I did have one problem. The hose from the V headlight washers keep getting in the way and would not allow the V nose to fit against the bumper absorber. Once I realized that was the problem and I taped the hose so it would not make contact with the absorber, the V nose fit on perfect. Also, needed some special fasteners to mount the V front spoilers. They are different from the stock CTS fastners. I do have a question? The CTS has a front spoiler that extends across the entire front of the car, probably to direct air flow. Does the V conversion require such a front spoiler or does those three front pieces eliminate the long front spoiler that was on the stock CTS?

  5. #20
    jmarts_cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe w/Performance Luxury Package
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18

    Re: V bumper assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by is250sp View Post
    these are all the parts you need if you purchase the bumper cover only....

    fog lights #10335108
    brake cooling ducts #25796005, #25858812, #25796006
    fender liner front halves #25796003, #25796004
    fog light bezels #25863012, #25863013
    absorber #20782127
    lower bumper protector #25882978
    headlamp washer nozzle caps #25793667, #25793666

    contact Chris @ Rippy for best prices
    My car has the factory fog lights, I can reuse those right?
    Brake cooling ducts, are they really necessary?
    Fog light bezels, I thought they came with the kit?
    Headlamp washer caps, I'll ask the body shop to fill those in.

    So it looks like I only need the fender liners, absorber and bumper protectors? Does that sound right?

    Thanks is250sp for the list.

    ps. I can't use Rippy, they don't ship to Canada.

  6. #21
    smca is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    105
    Pics

  7. #22
    is250sp's Avatar
    is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    659

    Re: V bumper assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by jmarts_cts View Post
    My car has the factory fog lights, I can reuse those right?
    Brake cooling ducts, are they really necessary?
    Fog light bezels, I thought they came with the kit?
    Headlamp washer caps, I'll ask the body shop to fill those in.

    So it looks like I only need the fender liners, absorber and bumper protectors? Does that sound right?

    Thanks is250sp for the list.

    ps. I can't use Rippy, they don't ship to Canada.
    My car has the factory fog lights, I can reuse those right? I don't know if they will fit as I didn't reuse mine and went with the D3 led fogs
    Brake cooling ducts, are they really necessary? Not really necessary but these parts are cheap
    Fog light bezels, I thought they came with the kit? Looks like the kit comes with the bezels and fogs
    Headlamp washer caps, I'll ask the body shop to fill those in. This is what I did too

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ssrodder View Post
    Finished my V conversion. Took more than three hours. Started Saturday at about 10:00 AM and closed the hood at 9:30 PM. Probably spent more time than necessary removing the stock CTS nose. I did have to cut off the two metal brackets as they came in contact with the brake ducts. I did have one problem. The hose from the V headlight washers keep getting in the way and would not allow the V nose to fit against the bumper absorber. Once I realized that was the problem and I taped the hose so it would not make contact with the absorber, the V nose fit on perfect. Also, needed some special fasteners to mount the V front spoilers. They are different from the stock CTS fastners. I do have a question? The CTS has a front spoiler that extends across the entire front of the car, probably to direct air flow. Does the V conversion require such a front spoiler or does those three front pieces eliminate the long front spoiler that was on the stock CTS?
    It does not need the non-V front spoiler. As a matter of fact I find that part ugly, thank god its not on the V

  8. #23
    ssrodder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS AWD, 1948 conv, 06 sts4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NE PA
    Posts
    28

    Re: V bumper assembly

    Thank you for the info. I am glad that I do not have to use the full width stock CTS front spoiler. I was concerned with overheating of the engine. Took it for its first ride today and the engine temperature stayed just where it was prior to the V front swap.

  9. #24
    jmarts_cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe w/Performance Luxury Package
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18

    Re: V bumper assembly

    Is the lower bumper protector (#25882978) one part, or is it three separate pieces?

  10. #25
    smca is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    105
    3 separate pieces.

  11. #26
    smca is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    105
    I put DRL LEDs in the fog light bezel.

    Attachment 122530

  12. #27
    smca is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    105
    I have more pics but forum not letting me upload.

  13. #28
    is250sp's Avatar
    is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by smca View Post
    I have more pics but forum not letting me upload.
    Go into your settings and delete old attachments

  14. #29
    smca is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    43
    Posts
    105
    Pics

  15. #30
    is250sp's Avatar
    is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    659

    Re: V bumper assembly

    Looks good but for some reason it seems a bit overkill with dual fog lights. Perhaps if you remove the oem fogs and make the opening like the D3 inlet it my look cleaner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum