Cadillac Owners Forum banner

No CTS-V for 2014? Any way to search inventory for 2013's?

4K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  RGaret 
#1 ·
I currently have a 2009 CTS-V sedan and I LOVE it! I've owned quite a few cars over the years and this is by far my favorite. When I saw the 3rd gen CTS, it made me want to get another 2nd gen before it's too late! :) I'm not trying to bash the 3rd gen. It looks like a fine car, but I just like the styling on the 2nd gen better. I gather from reading some posts here that there will be NO 2014 CTS-V Sedan. Is that correct?

I tried to put in an order for a 2013 CTS-V at my local dealer and it has been a nightmare! I wish I could order direct from Cadillac and cut them out of the deal. They are very slow to respond to my questions and don't seem to know much anyway. I was interested in Stealth Gray at first and e-mailed their internet sales guy about placing an order in early April. A week or two goes by before he answers: Not available. So, I switched to Thunder Gray. They took a deposit and said they placed the order. The next week I got a call: not available. OK, how about Black Diamond? Another week goes by. Now, they tell me that Cadillac will not accept any further orders for 2013 CTS-V Sedans. Is that correct?

So, now they say they are searching the inventory to see if there are any in stock that match my preferences. Who knows how long it will be until they get back to me again. Is there any way I can search the inventory for myself?

Well, if it doesn't work out, I will just keep my '09 a couple more years and hope that Cadillac makes another CTS-V sedan. I'm guessing that would be in 2015, right?

Thanks in advance! -Kyle

See less See more
#2 ·
You will gather from reading other posts here that there will be a 2014 CTS-V Sedan.

Yes, from what others have reported they stopped accepting 2013 orders a little while back.

Are you calling them on the phone, or better yet, going in and meeting with them in person? If you insist on working via email with someone who's not responsive via email, you're only hurting yourself. If phone/in-person doesn't work for you, maybe you need to work with another dealer.

Don't hold your breath for a MY2015 CTS-V. It might happen, but it's not a sure thing. Consider: it's been over a year since the reveal of the ATS and there is still nothing more than rumor about an ATS-V; the next-gen CTS was announced with a Vsport option with 420hp, and second-gen V production is continuing into MY2014.

.Jinx

#8 ·
You will gather from reading other posts here that there will be a 2014 CTS-V Sedan.

Yes, from what others have reported they stopped accepting 2013 orders a little while back.

Are you calling them on the phone, or better yet, going in and meeting with them in person? If you insist on working via email with someone who's not responsive via email, you're only hurting yourself. If phone/in-person doesn't work for you, maybe you need to work with another dealer.

Don't hold your breath for a MY2015 CTS-V. It might happen, but it's not a sure thing. Consider: it's been over a year since the reveal of the ATS and there is still nothing more than rumor about an ATS-V; the next-gen CTS was announced with a Vsport option with 420hp, and second-gen V production is continuing into MY2014.

.Jinx
It's more than a rumor at this point, it's a car in final stages of testing set for debut this year or very early next. As it should be since the F80 M3 is similarly in final testing.

#3 ·
Ordering for the existing CTS V (for model year 2014) will open in June. Cut-off for the `13 MY was the end of April/first week of May.

You can see all of the available options by going to Cadillac.com and selecting the model you want, and to explore trim levels, etc. Expect to be at "invoice" for your purchase if special order new, or $500+ under "invoice" if you buy a car physically on the lot.

You need to find a different dealer. Driving 50-100 miles (or flying) to a bigger/more competent dealer will easily save you the difference in gas and annoyance. If that dealer has what you want on the lot, then it's a no-brainer. You can have a large volume area dealer search for existing stock, or you can use sites like Autotrader.com or others to search yourself.

So... find a different dealer and do your homework.

#4 ·
Thank you both for the replies, but I am puzzled. Please forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that the 2nd gen CTS-V Sedan will be available as a 2014 model? Along side the new 3rd Gen? If so, that is terrific news! I will just wait until June and order a 2014 model exactly as I like. I had assumed that the 2nd gen would no longer be available once they started selling 3rd gen.

Jinx: I understand what you are saying. It seems crazy to me that some people don't do e-mail in this day and age! But, I would expect the "Internet Sales" guy who's e-mail is plastered on the dealership website to be a bit more responsive. I have been doing a combo of e-mail / text / calls with sales guy. If I still want to deal with these guys, I think I will have to pack a lunch and camp out in his office. Contrast that with our recent purchase of a GMC Yukon. That guy was great! He sent me every form ahead of time, so I could fill it out at my leisure and send it back. Everything was worked out in advance and pretty much done by the time I got there. Just a few signatures (at his desk, not a separate finance office) and we were driving home in a new family-hauler. IMHO, THAT'S how car buying should be. I wish he sold Cadillacs...

Random84: Thanks for the buying advice. I had assumed that I'd pay near MSRP for a special order, but I will try to get them down to invoice. How would I figure out which dealers are "large volume" near Tampa, FL (33606)?

The forum system notified me that a couple people were trying to PM me, but I guess my inbox was full (only 2 messages???). I deleted those, so please try again or e-mail me at kyle (at) bailey (dash) family (dot) org

#5 ·
They haven't started making a 3rd gen CTS-V... I think you're referring to the V-Sport (which isn't a V, even though it has V before the sport).

From what I hear the 14s are the 2nd gen. They haven't even announced anything in regards to the 3rd gen CTS-V.

And dude, DON'T do the internet order. Walk in to a dealer....

#6 ·
Cadillac will be building current 2nd gen CTS-V in Sedan and Coupe for sure (no word or confirmation on the Wagon from GM yet that I have seen) along side the new 3rd gen CTS sedans. Hope that makes sense.

2014 CTS-V ordering opens up on June 10, I believe. You can order a 2nd gen 2014 CTS-V, but that is going to be the last year of the 2nd gen CTS-V. Rumor has it the 2015 model year will bring the new 3rd gen CTS-V although no data has been released to confirm that fact. This is just going by the first gen CTS-V and 2nd gen CTS-V timelines. They were all released about one model year after their base CTS models. The 3rd gen CTS-V better be a beast because they have to compete with the E63s and M5s which have all upped their games.

GM should release an AWD CTS-V with 600+ HP if they want the fastest times. Power without traction is pointless. Look at the GTR. Nissan got it right!

#10 ·
If your looking for someone that is going to get you the best price as well as the best service in the industry call James Quinn at Les Stanford Cadillac in dearborn, MI. Many on this forum have used him and I'm sure they will be more than happy jump in and agree with the great pricing and service.

#16 ·
Yes, I bought 4 new Cadillacs from Les Stanford in Michigan. James ordered the car the way I wanted them and dropped shipped the car to a dealer near me that courtesy delivered the car. I just had to pay the courtesy delivery fee to my local dealer for doing it all.

#15 ·
FWIW, I tried to order a SB 2013 CTS-V wagon on April 20 and the order wasn't accepted. None of the dealers (out of three that I tried) had any clue that Cadillac was no longer accepting orders and I had been talking with all of them for ~2 weeks. All in all, while I like the guys I'm dealing with now, this has been the worst car buying experience I have ever had. I would have hoped that buying a Cadillac would be easier than buying my S2000 or 9-7X, but both of those were much easier.

Anyway, it sounds like the 2014 is going to happen. The order guides for the coupe and sedan are online. If they can find exactly what you want now, I would go for it. If not, it's probably worth waiting. Good luck!

Tim

#17 ·
Thanks to all for your input. I now feel pretty comfortable that the 2nd gen cts-v sedan will return as a 2014 model, so I'm going to wait and order one exactly how I want it. Dealer says they can start taking orders in June or July for fall delivery. That gives me another month or two to agonize over color choice!

#20 ·
Kyle, you sound like a good guy so I'll share this with you. This is the dealer I dealt with last winter and they were great, got all the bugs worked out of my Vagon including a new rear end carrier that the other guys said I did'nt need. I was drooling over this white CTS-V coupe and it's 15 grand off sticker right now. It's a demo with 4,000 miles but it's in great like new shape and the Opulent blue 2012 they have is new and just 6 grand more than the white one, both great deals IMHO. They have one 2013 sedan you might be able to work a deal with them on that, although its black raven. http://www.coastcadillacsarasota.co...illac&model=&trim=&minYear=&maxYear=&maxPrice=

Heres some more deals near where I'm at summers. The red one does have Recaros too, seems like a great deal http://www.cadillacofrhodeisland.com/VehicleSearchResults?model=CTS-V Coupe&minMileage=-2147483648&maxMPG=2147483647&state=&maxPrice=75000&minYear=2005&maxYear=2013&bodyType=CAR&minMPG=-2147483648&search=preowned&zipCode=&year=&maxMileage=90000&make=Cadillac&minPrice=10000&pageNumber=1&visitedVD=true

#21 ·
There will be a 2014 CTS-V

Only changes are below:

Deletions

Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
Exterior color (GLH) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair
Exterior color (GWS) Glacier Blue Metallic

New Features

Exterior color (G7E) Red Obsession Tintcoat (available at extra charge)
Exterior color (G7Q) Phantom Gray Metallic

#22 ·
There will be a 2014 CTS-V

Only changes are below:

Deletions

Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
Exterior color (GLH) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair
Exterior color (GWS) Glacier Blue Metallic

New Features

Exterior color (G7E) Red Obsession Tintcoat (available at extra charge)
Exterior color (G7Q) Phantom Gray Metallic
If this is the case, doesn't the forum name need to be changed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.