Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Divided opinions. Many of you dislike the upcoming CTS? Why?

5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  gohawks63 
#1 ·
Not to convey any disrespect towards current CTS owners, but I feel the Cadillac marque has been a little stagnant when compared to the progression of Germany's big three. I don't ever remember being this excited for a new line up and I really feel the 2014 models will reinvigorate Cadillac's "renaissance". They have the bread and butter SRX, the entry level ATS which I believe shits all over the 3 series, and the flagship CTS which is so damn gorgeous inside and out. Classy, spacious, powerful, elegant and above all bling personified and proud of it. How can people dislike it? In terms of their design philosophy, I think they've hit the nail and I have nothing remotely negative to say about any of their models. Cadillac is really going for the jugular of the Germans, I see a potential sales threat on the horizon.

#2 · (Edited)
This is year 10 of Cadillacs masterful comeback to be the worlds most desired luxury car marque again. I disagree that they have been stagnant and the opposite is the case. Cadillac has not stopped making new and exciting cars since the first gem CTS in 03. Cadillac / GM really deserve much praise as the pulled off what many felt ( 10) years ago to be impossible. That buyers of German luxury cars would buy Cadillac over one if the big 3 from Deutschland, and that the younger generation would desire Cadillacs. Well, God Bless America they did it !!! I have been posting on this forum since 04 when that first gen CTS got me out of my beemers stating that Cadillac is going be at the top again.

Great comeback story

#3 ·
I see it as 10 years in the making, and finally arriving in year 10. :hide: As much as I enjoy the current CTS, (I'd love to get my hands on a sports wagon in black) I don't think they are proper luxury cars to compete with the 5 series and the E-class. To me, they are 4 door hot rods with more of an emphasis on performance and power than luxury and opulence. First gen CTS had that hollow plastic feeling interior which seems almost unforgivable for the sticker price (I'm sure many will disagree), like Cadillac wanted the consumer to be blatantly aware that it shares parts and pieces with other GM platforms.

#4 ·
GM built CTS from the ground up with very few shared components. Cadillac -GM is on fire and about to take a huge bite from the German and Japanese luxury brands. First gen CTS interior was trying to be different but by third gen is industry leading. Just watch, it's going be fun to see Cadillacs marketshare increase when BMW - Audi- MB decrease. They had their time, now its Cadillacs time !

#6 ·
No shortage of quality cars in this world that's for sure. What Cadillac continues to do that wins me over so strongly is have such unique and beautifully done style. It's also spreading to other GM brands. I was At the New York auto show with a true Audi " nut". He owns 2 Audis but I could not get him away from the new Chevy Impala !! He was saying I shouldn't like this car but I can't stop looking at it. That's what I mean with style. GM is back on the "A" game and it shows in all brands. :). :). :).

#7 ·
Compared to other brands, "styling" is the most important component of a Cadillac! The leading technology and engineering aspects should be expected, too. Regrettably, until the recent ten years, Cadillac strayed from delivering this formula and the 2014 models are again achieving it. Relative to the 2014 CTS, the most disappointing aspect of it for me is its strong resemblance to the Mercedes E-Class profile--whereas the second-generation CTS was evolutionary, and distinctly "Cadillac," while looking great! Hopefully, seeing the 2014 CTS in-person will lessen the resemblance of it to other brands. Let's hope for a great sales year for Cadillac in the 2014 model year!

#9 ·
I'll be holding onto my '11 coupe for a couple more years after seeing this car. Beautiful front end, but the rear seems to be an afterthought. And if I wanted a coupe that's identical to the sedan minus two doors, I'd buy a BMW. I know there's been no official word on the coupe, but I fell in love with the current unique and edgy appearance, and the last thing I'd want is that rear end on a coupe. 23 year old two-time Cadillac owner, and they're gonna lose me as quick as they reeled me in.

Audi, I'll be seeing you soon.

#11 ·
Some of the early leaks made the 14 CTS sound like it was going to grow much larger and I was seriously considering an ATS for that reason. But having seen the new model I am happily staying with my 08 CTS until the 2014, probably in V Sport trim, is available.

I slightly prefer the rear treatment of my 2008 but the overall new gen CTS package is very likeable and I much prefer most of the changes compared to my current CTS.

#12 ·
I love the new 2014 Cadillac CTS! The only thing is I don't like the stance. The 5 series has a beautiful stance. I think it may need wider wheels/tired idk. As or the rear the should of did the rear like the CIEL almost with a fin, very sculptured like the front end.

#15 ·
Really?

Each car I purchase has to not only have the features I desire, it must be something good-looking (to me). I couldn't pay for something I couldn't stand to look at.

While I like the current generation CTS' looks better (I've owned two V-series), the new one is at least tolerable. I don't hate it as so many do.

#16 ·
We do not "dislike" the up & coming versions/ models, we do really feel "At Home" with our 2013 CTS PREMIUM, although with only a couple hundred miles over 9K, it may or may not be too early to toot our horn or wish didn't purchase this vehicle.

This is our fifth Cadillac in 13 years, and all were different models from one another. This CTS Coupe was an upgrade from our 2011 Camaro RS. We are a longtime GM user and plan to stay that way. We looked at many different makes & models, but always came back to GM.

It may not be perfect, but it was our choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.