Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Front and Rear passenger side carpeting soaked

21K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  SOUTHWESTCADILLAC 
#1 ·
Went out to the caddy to grab something and released the front and rear carpets on the passenger side are soaked. It does not smell like coolant and it isn't oily. I'm assuming it is a clogged ac line. Anyone know about this?

Going to take it to the dealer to have them check it out. Worried about mildew forming now since it is so wet.

My wife's navigator had a similar problem but it never got this wet. Hers was a clogged ac condensation line but again it was not enough water to soak to the rear. My car is wet completely front to back.

#3 ·
My Intrigue would do that during a hard rain. Very irritating having to pull up one side of the carpet and put a fan on the thick wet foam rubber beneath it. It was coming in the air intake for the A/C. I believe I glued part of a plastic milk jug onto the cowl to divert enough of the water to stop it. Pull out your cabin air filter and see if it's wet in that area.

#4 ·
Your AC Drain is plugged. It is a small rubber piece that exits the firewall somewhat low on the passenger side. The end looks like a duckbill. If you reach up from under the car and just flick it, water will start pouring out. I make it a point to do this at every oil change. They seem to seal off, if you aren't using the AC for awhile. You do need to pull up the carpet so the white foam underneath can dry completely.
Best of luck.

Rick

#9 ·
Hello: I have a similar problem with my 2009 DTS L. Took it to the dealer and they said a clogged evaporation line near the firewall was the cause of the water. That would explain the water in the passenger front seat, but that doesn't seem like the evaporation drain would explain the water in the back seat (which was worse than in the front seat). Took it to a local detailer and once he got the seats, the carpet and the padding up he said an improperly sealed grommet in the pillar between the front and back seats was letting water get to the rear carpets. The grommet is oval shaped, about 6" long and located about 12" above the floor. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks

#11 ·
My 2010 Dts had that problem on the drivers side. Turns out there was a bad seam in the floor board under the drivers feet. Under warranty dealer repaired the seam and replaced all of the carpet because they couldn't get it to dry out and it mildewed. All is well, even with the underbody carwash.

#13 ·
2004 Deville DTS model: I too have discovered loads of water underneath the passengers carpet. I pulled up the carpet to show the white foam underneath. It was like a sponge full of water. I can not for the life of me find the drain plug folks here reference. I've pulled the elbow hose coming out of the fan motor just above passengers left foot. It's dry. When I make a hard left turn, water comes running out near the top right foot corner on passenger side. Where is the plug or drain line so I can blow it open? anyone have a picture they can share or a diagram? lost in frustration.

#15 ·
Dry the area very well, and sprinkle baby powder all over the formerly soaked area, and the surrounding area. Spray the heck out of the car with a hose. The leak trail will become evident in the powder.

Remember, dirty water comes from underneath, clean water comes from up topside. Good luck!

#16 ·
Take a good flashlight and get in the trunk and have someone spray the back window and the trunk area real good.

My first 2006 DTS had a bad seal around the bottom of the rear window.
Whenever I drove in a hard rain.. the floor of the trunk and the spare tire would get wet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.