Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS changes for 2014 MY

15K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  pissedoffwookiee 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: more details here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...-2014-ats-features-equipment.html#post3290927

The following is from: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/meet-your-2014-cadillac-lineup-117709/

Deletions

• Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
  • Exterior color (GLH) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair
  • Exterior color (GWS) Glacier Blue Metallic
  • Exterior color (GWV) Summer Gold Metallic
  • (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package
  • (RAO) Audio system, AM/FM stereo, dual USB ports, SD card slot and auxiliary audio port
  • (ITF) Interface Auxiliary Device Connectivity
  • (TSQ) Lighting accent, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console
  • (UY4) Navigation system
  • (Y64) CUE Infotainment System
  • NOTE: (RAO), (ITF), (UY4) and (Y64) replaced by (IO3), (IO5) and (IO6)

New Features

• Exterior color (G7E) Red Obsession Tintcoat - available at extra charge
  • Exterior color (G7Q) Phantom Gray Metallic
  • Exterior color G7U Majestic Plum Metallic - available at extra charge
  • 110V standard plug power receptacle, located in the rear of the front center console, added to the (Y26) CUE and Navigation Package
  • IntelliBeam headlamp high beam auto control added to the (Y65) Driver Awareness Package and (Y66) Driver Assist Package
  • (VEB) Pedal cover set, LPO
  • (RJP) 225/35ZR19 front and 225/30ZR19 rear, Y-rated, summer performance tires, LPO
  • (5XW) 19" ultra-bright machined finish aluminum wheels with silver premium painted pockets, LPO
  • (5XY) 19" Manoogian premium painted aluminum wheels, LPO
  • (5XZ) 19" gloss Black premium painted aluminum wheels, LPO
  • (VNI) Black chrome rear trim, LPO
  • (5XR) Sport grille, Black chrome, LPO

Changes

• Inside rearview mirror now frameless
  • Thicker sport steering wheel included with all (KB7) Magnesium steering wheel paddle shift control equipped vehicles
  • PEG lineup change.

The only thing I see that I like better for 2014 is the addition of Intellibeam. Would be nice on the 1 day (or less) per year I drive at night outside the city. When I saw the Plum color I thought that might be nice but they have a picture of a wagon in that article and it seems to be a very light color like the discontinued Glacial Blue and wouldn’t be something I wanted. A dark purple, though or a dark green would have been great along with some non metallic paints other than black.

I never even heard of (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package which was deleted.

See less See more
#43 ·
this is what the framless mirror looks like. It looks fantastic.

compared to the old and busted;

I'm hoping the rainsense switchover will be easy to this new mirror. I want it. Baddly.

I'm also curious about the steering wheel. Thicker? Are the paddle shift wheels in the premium thicker than the performance? This is the only reference I could think of when there might be a difference between the two paddle wheels.

#45 ·
Lighting accent, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console...

This makes me happy to have the 2013.

Things this car needs (some as options)...
1) a/c seats
2) Rear heated seats
3) 8 speed automatic
4) some sort of clear coat on the center stack to cut down on fingerprints...
5) faster CUE processor (I am satisfied with it but could be faster)
6) better exhaust note. I have the 3.6 and its not throaty, its kinda tinny.

Why we would go away from LEDs I have no clue, especially since the SRX CTS and XTS have all kinds of accent lighting.

And I don't like the frameless mirror because those buttons are glowing in my eyes every time I look back to check traffic. I like the design but keep the buttons where they are now (by the sunroof switches)

M5eater does your rear view mirror look like the second image you posted? My parents old 2001 suburban have that... but my ATS doesn't.

#47 · (Edited)
frameless mirror comes in standard and auto dimming no onstar buttons

cue is updated, software version 21341811 - nav / 23141813 - non nav

climate app in cue now has on screen temp controls

onstar nav app is called 'onstar nav' and its compass works

new options for CUE's voice response, and voice prompts

updated DIC, new graphics for TPS and sport/snow mode and new selectable item 'maintenance due'

new vehicle speed display option for center screen in DIC

sport mode/snow mode now persistant

hopefully this bodes well for an update soon for us beta testers of 9 month old or newer 2013 ATS', fingers crossed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.