Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Possible new Cadillac to be Owned! ^.^

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  JamesC 
#1 · (Edited)
Possible new Cadillac to be Owned

So it's been a loooooong time since I've posted here since I regrettably had to sell my 1987 Cadillac Brougham... which again I have regretted since doing so, but tonight I put a down payment down on a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood with the Brougham package from a used dealer. It's a bit more than I'd like to spend and had to get some financing, but it only has 103K miles, elderly owned and in very good condition. I looked it over and test drove it tonight too. I will hear back tomorrow if their financing department can work a deal if I have to go that route.

Things that I noticed there light surface rust on the underbody close to the doors, but only surface and no holes. I'm pretty sure I can deal with that to get it to stop spreading and a very-very light bump on the rear-passenger quarter panel; hardly noticeable and no puncture or chipping paint, so that isn't a deal breaker and may need a radiator flush, and one side of the tip of the wreath on the hood ornament has broken off, but aside from all that everything seemed fine.

P.S.
If any of you regular members remember me, I was in Kansas... update I'm now in southern Wisconsin.

See less See more
#23 · (Edited)
Speaking of which I saw a car here today in a parking lot... holy crap was it rusted. Rust on fenders and quarter panels... badly too. Holes big enough to put your hand into... all long the bottom edge... dotted across the trunk and hood.

Regarding the Cadillac, apparently for most of it's life it was in Kentucky, but only up here in Wisconsin for a year or two. It's not bad. Barely surface rust underneath.

Nice car.. looks good. What made you move to Wisconsin? I'm thinking Tornado :). Lol
Nah, I actually like Kansas and miss my city I know, I just wanted change and job searching too; somewhat of a long story too.

Is it missing the floor mats?
None in the back, but the front have the mats, just matching the carpet. However in those pictures, they apparently had them out.

#18 ·
Good luck closing the deal.. I have a 94 base Fleetwood. Metal top, but otherwise same color combo. Love the car, and now starting to browse for 2 more. One for parts, and one for a daily driver as I temporarily retire the 94 to rebuild status.

Don't listen to the LO5 vs LT1 debate.. My 94 has the LT1, my folk's 92 Roadmaster Wagon has the LO5. Both drive fantastic, but they are different engines to drive. As long as you're not racing light to light, either is great. If I found a 93 at the right price for my second Fleetwood, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat :)

#21 ·
JamesC said:
So it's been a loooooong time since I've posted here since I regrettably had to sell my 1987 Cadillac Brougham... which again I have regretted since doing so, but tonight I put a down payment down on a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood with the Brougham package from a used dealer. It's a bit more than I'd like to spend and had to get some financing, but it only has 103K miles, elderly owned and in very good condition. I looked it over and test drove it tonight too. I will hear back tomorrow if their financing department can work a deal with my needs or not. I'm really hoping they can. If not, well I can walk away - as much as I wouldn't want to - and get my down payment refunded.

Things that I noticed there light surface rust on the underbody close to the doors, but only surface and no holes. I'm pretty sure I can deal with that to get it to stop spreading and a very-very light bump on the rear-passenger quarter panel; hardly noticeable and no puncture or chipping paint, so that isn't a deal breaker and may need a radiator flush, and one side of the tip of the wreath on the hood ornament has broken off, but aside from all that everything seemed fine.

P.S.
If any of you regular members remember me, I was in Kansas... update I'm now in southern Wisconsin.
Nice car.. looks good. What made you move to Wisconsin? I'm thinking Tornado :). Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.