Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Opinion on MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum Polisher

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  danoh123 
#1 ·
Amazon has raving review of this product. I have 18" 2010 OEM polished alloy wheels. It seems like from the very positive review that it works great: almost chrome look to them wheels after.

I was wondering if anyone experienced negative impact on the wheels on long term basis? My concern is whether there is a clear protective coating on top of polished wheels and whether this product will remove them and cause the polished look became dull looks after long use.

#2 ·
I have been using Mothers Aluminum and Mag Polish for years. The clear coat has not come off on my polished aluminum wheels on my 2008 CTS, the clear coat is not just sprayed on it is either baked on or electrically transmitted to the wheels. You can buy Mothers polish at any Automotive store.

G
#4 ·
That stuff is for bare metal not clear coated wheels, Mother's site will even tell you not to use it on clear coated wheels because it is abrasive and can prematurely wear down the clear coat
I only use that stuff on my exhaust tips.

I use plastic polish on clear coated wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.