Cadillac Owners Forum banner

ATS and MPG - What are you getting?

86K views 376 replies 203 participants last post by  schwinn 
#1 ·
I've had my RWD ATS for about 2 weeks now, and have been averaging 19.7 MPG - combination of highway and city. It's a fair bit short of the sticker which indicated 24 MPG combined, with a highway average of 31...!

#317 ·
Also in Montreal but have the RWD 2.0T and I'm averaging 9 l/100km and am now at 48k km so it definitely sounds like your mileage is very high. I do 60% highway but also punch it quite frequently, I also have the Diablosport tune and am always running on PetroCan 94 octane.

#319 ·
Thank you for your replies! Much appreciated.
I'm bringing in my car and told the dealer that I would not accept the answer "we found nothing wrong with your car"
I told them if that's the case, they need to loan me a car for a week and see what kind of mileage I get with the loaner.
If anyone else has anything to add, I would love to read your feedback.
Thanks again for responding. Great forum!

#323 ·
I only have 900 miles on my 2.0T coupe but I am only getting 2 mpg more then I was getting in my 2010 Camaro SS.

I was hoping after the engine was broke in it would get better, but I am still only getting 17 mpg around town.

It is a bit disappointing as the only reason I got the 2.0T over the 3.6 was the gas mileage.

#325 ·
Have my 2.0T rwd manual perfomance level for 2 months. 1,100 miles. I am getting 18 combined.
60% city driving. Terrible! I am in north nj. My bmw 528xi got like 24.

I do let car warm up in garage for 3 minutes befpre leaving, so maybe id get 18.
Strike 1 for cadillac vs bmw. had a bmw for 10 years prior to this

#328 ·
'13 2.5L base ATS here...will be two years old in April..currently 44,500 miles on it..and lifetime MPG is 27MPG per Onstar......I usually average 28-31 MPG on my 103 mile round trip commute daily....60% at highway spd of 65-75 MPG and remainder at 45-50 MPH.......

#329 ·
I have about 950 miles on my car but I put about 800 of those miles on a road trip from central Texas to Nebraska (speeds between 55 and 80) the rest have been in town with lots of stoping/going. Since I was breaking in the car I tried to downshift and vary the revs as much as possible throughout the long drive. So far I am averaging 24mpg.

#332 ·
28.8 average for my last longer trip. We left in late June for a couple of days in the Mammoth Cave area and then over to the GM Bowling Green assembly plant for a tour and to decide what color to order for my new Corvette. Then down to the Smoky Mountains for a few days of hiking and back to IL. Total miles just over 1,600 with a combination of mostly 75 to 80 MPH interstate driving with a lot of construction zones on I-65 followed by a lot of cruising around in Kentucky and TN on 2 lane highways and a couple of hundred miles of mountain roads. The good handling of the ATS saved us from being part of an accident while in a construction zone when the first car in the group and a merging car both locked up their brakes instead of normal merge behavior and I knew the motorhome towing a car behind me wouldn't be able to stop in time. The construction lane was safety coned but still intact so I slid over and avoided being part of an accident.

Overall it was a great trip and the ATS performed perfectly in a variety of weather conditions including far too much rain. My daughter (age 11) had a great time and was selected to be the first to start a new Corvette coming off the line which is an event she won't soon forget. By this time next year my ATS and GMC Sierra will hopefully be joined by a 2016 Night Race Blue Z06 with Brownstone interior :)

#334 ·
Man I don't know how you guys get these #'s. I have never seen a 28 mpg in this car. I do have a heavy foot and put this car through it's paces everyday so I guess I can't ask why I don't get these #s. The last time I looked my car was getting 17mpg. I could get 10 and still would love my car though.

#335 ·
2015 ATS 2.0 RWD 4800 mi in 6 months avg 28.6 Premium 93 oct and lots of Pky/TPK driving 75-80 the car is great to drive, I will say I don,t push it hard, even getting used to the hard riding Michelin run flats understand the new Bridgestone RFs are far better in both ride and longevity.

#338 ·
talking about mpg and fuel. recently, I tested running flex fuel on my 3.6 since its cheaper than regular gas and oh boy, mpg dropped by at least 3 on average. I was like ... hmmm, no wonder why flex fuel is cheap. I dont like refilling more often, so back to regular gas it goes.

#343 ·
To determine potential highway MPG, select the instant MPG
display and use cruise at about 55-60 on a flat highway.
Then look at the display. Try at different speeds to learn.

I still have a 2007 CTS 3.6 RWD, 18" wheels and FE3.
Combined is around 18 and highway cruise at 70 is
25 MPG, on Reg Gas.

I have tried 100% gas, just for the fun of it and felt the car
performed better and got a few MPH more, but at .80 a gal
more, it's not worth it for the MPG, just for a fun trial.

It has been interesting reading the various results and
thoughts. My plan is to order a 2016 ATS 3.6 Perf.

#345 ·
3.6L Performance Model driving in South Florida I have 9,000 miles, never reset Avg. MPG readout and it reads 25.7 MPG. I drive about 80% expressways at approximately 70 mph. Typically on expressway instantaneous reads about 27 mpg. My 2013 SRX Premium on 20" wheels with the 3.6L has averaged 22.7 mpg over 32,000 miles which I think is really good for a much heavier vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.