Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Is this a decent lease?

19K views 94 replies 40 participants last post by  par5 
#1 ·
I pickup up an Ats with the 2.5 engine,Cue,sunroof,and red color last Friday. My lease terms are 39 month,39,000 miles. Payment is $327 a month which includes the tax. In texas the tax is calculated on the entire amount of the car. I had $3000 up load on my gm card plus another $1000.00 from GM card. Do not use the card much because I wasn't planning on another GM product. No out of pocket money.

#34 ·
10k/year for 36mo is going to have a much, much higher residual than a 12k/year for 39mo. It'd be difficult to compare the two. You're going to come out at a much cheaper payment every time.

----------

For what it's worth:

$43,995 MSRP on a 2.0T RWD Manual Performance

After discounts and rebates (GM Employee):
$499/month. 36 month lease @ 15k/year.

#36 ·
rsf507 said:
Jeff, just curious what is your dealer offering you?? I did a lot of work to get here, More man hours then I had planned, and the buyout is a little higher then I wanted it, but I really do love the car
I ended up having to leave several times because of my child but am going back on Monday or Tuesday. (he was getting too antsy and was jumping into all of the cars and messing around) We left off at around 470 per month (without tax) for what you're looking at. $3000 down, can't remember the buyout, 3yr 30,000 miles. I wasn't happy with those numbers PLUS they're trying to lowball me on my trade in...was offered $18k for a FULLY loaded 08 CTS4 with 51k miles and is in showroom condition. (banging head here) I would like to get 21k, which is what I was offered a few months ago. I too will be working hard on this and will hopefully sign next weekend if we can get that payment down to under 425 per month with tax. Good luck with your deal, I hope you get your ATS as well!

#37 ·
EnvoyBu said:
And I just got back from Cadillac of Novi just now...

ATS 3.6L Premium that stickered for $51,3xx was $484 per month with zero down and only start ups due at signing.

I can't wait to dump my stupid Malibu...
Do you know the residual %, lease rate and what is your selling price? Any direct cash involved such as conquest, loyalty, private offer or GM rebate? Any trade in in the equation?

Thx.

#39 ·
EnvoyBu said:
I didn't look at the residual or selling price. There is a Jeep lease in the family, so that helped. No private offers, loyalty or GM rebate, except for the Employee Discount.

No trade.

Zero down and only startups due.
I've been following Cadillac of Novi's ads for a few months now- great deals since they are THE volume seller of Cadillacs in the U.S. Royal Cadillac of New Jersey also advertises some good deals.

#41 ·
rsf507 said:
signed the lease, 420 per month for 12k miles a year 39mo, 57% residual, 40.5k selling price from 47.5k sticker. 2.7% finance charges. Think overall I got a pretty good deal
Congratulations on your new ATS!

The ATS I was looking at was sold...lol. The dealer now only has Luxury models (18 ) and base models (2) which none of them I want. The next dealer is almost an hour away but am wondering how long it would take my dealer to get a performance model from them and if GM even does this.

#44 ·
Not sure to be honest with you. We have an Audi Lease in the family, so I got that competitive lease discount. But besides that not sure where the other money came from. I was pretty firm in my negotiations, and when we got to the number I wanted per month and looked at the specifics, I was actually shocked at how low they gave me for my trade. I had another dealership offer me $2,300 more for the car, and the car I wanted from them was the same as the car I ended up getting, but they wanted more monthly then I ended up with here. So I guess the other dealership just wasn't willing to discount the car as much.

So heres a question. When they figure out the buyout number, do they use the MSRP of the car, or the negotiated selling price. I would have assumed the selling price but it seems they went with the MSRP, it that the usual??

#45 ·
rsf507 said:
Not sure to be honest with you. We have an Audi Lease in the family, so I got that competitive lease discount. But besides that not sure where the other money came from. I was pretty firm in my negotiations, and when we got to the number I wanted per month and looked at the specifics, I was actually shocked at how low they gave me for my trade. I had another dealership offer me $2,300 more for the car, and the car I wanted from them was the same as the car I ended up getting, but they wanted more monthly then I ended up with here. So I guess the other dealership just wasn't willing to discount the car as much.

So heres a question. When they figure out the buyout number, do they use the MSRP of the car, or the negotiated selling price. I would have assumed the selling price but it seems they went with the MSRP, it that the usual??
Residual is almost always calculated based on the msrp.

#47 · (Edited)
I got:

2.0T, awd, cold weather package, cue, sunroof, 17" wheels msrp 41600(roughly, dont remember exact figure)

I payed 0 down.(FYI to all of you, never put money down on a lease. You are not saving any money, only fronting a large chunk of upfront cash, if you dont have the credit then dont buy a nice car)
Walked in with car tradein I was 12 months in on 39 month lease, what I owed on it was about 5k more than KBB.(5k loss)

39months, 12k mile a year - 460 month

#49 ·
I'm old fashioned and pay cash for cars unless incentives are great enough to finance or lease (to buy). For example I financed a Ram pickup for 1 day to qualify for a $1000 rebate if purchased thru Chrysler's finance company. Is the residual on any of your leases so low that the payments plus residual total less than the best purchase deal you can get? I assume not, but I've seen some crazy things.

#50 ·
Hoosier Daddy said:
I'm old fashioned and pay cash for cars unless incentives are great enough to finance or lease (to buy). For example I financed a Ram pickup for 1 day to qualify for a $1000 rebate if purchased thru Chrysler's finance company. Is the residual on any of your leases so low that the payments plus residual total less than the best purchase deal you can get? I assume not, but I've seen some crazy things.
The lease deals are really good this month.

Suggestions for those posting their lease deals, please post at least the following if you can:

Model and trim.
MSRP (without dealer's own markup).
Selling price.
# of years/annual miles.
Total drive off $.
Monthly payment WITHOUT sales tax.

#55 ·
whats the msrp?? I would think you could do a little better, less down I would think and probably (at least a little) less per month. I am paying 420 per month with only 2300 down (from a trade) and the msrp was 47.5k, it was a performance too, not a luxury (but a 2.0, so that matters too)

#57 ·
yup, that will do it too. My credit was very good, but I didn't qualify for their top lease because my debt to income looks bad. my Fiances name is not on our house so it looks like I have a lot more debt by myself then I really have, so I had to go through Ally, Cadillac's second lease choice as I was told. Definitely did not help things, they tried to go up $35 a month to which I started to walk out, they ended up only going up $5 a month though, so maybe you have some wiggle room

#60 ·
I just made an offer to my dealer, if he could get me a 2.0 premium, there's one at the local dealership here, although not his dealership, it's MSRP is about $46k, and I'm hoping for about $450 a month, $1000 down, and 12,000 miles a year.

Does that seem doable?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.